Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott, captain of Team 1894 has issued a challenge to all other team members for this new postal match. So limber up them .35's and show him what a real rifle can do. ;D ;D

I'm counting on you guys.

Brian in FL, your team Captain

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I realize that you have only one boolit diameter to choose from in the 35 remmy world. Us fellas in Team 1894 have all these to play with and get really accurate on. Let the games begin! :) ;) :D ;D :eek:

218 Bee
22 WMRF
25-20
32-20
32 H & R Mag
38-40
357 Mag
41 Mag
44-40
44 Mag
45 Colt

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
This could be an interesting challenge. Have the rules been worked out? And who is going to be doing the scoring?

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Halwg said:
This could be an interesting challenge. Have the rules been worked out? And who is going to be doing the scoring?
The rules are posted and the match is open.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Ok, so this is falling under the umbrella of the original Postal Match. Now I understand. This is just a side match within the overall match.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
My target was just sighting in, but my 336XLR-35R is on the money. the next time at the range i will use printed target and see if I can tighten it up a bit. Now I know you 1894 guys are handicap at 100 yards with those pistol cal. So tell me your best range and I'll try to match them.

T ;D NY

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Great target, Tony. Was that shot with open sights?

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
No it is mounted with a Redfield 2X7X33 scope. I hope it's okay for the match.

T ;D NY

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
308/338 said:
No it is mounted with a Redfield 2X7X33 scope. I hope it's okay for the match.

T ;D NY
It will be fine for you to shoot at 100yd with, but not the 50yd :D

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Thank you is it fine for me to shoot at 50 yards with my rem 760 35R if so you guy are in trouble. I'll take her out of the safe and bring her to the range. I'll take this as the pistol cal. are 50 yards and under. Am I right?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
In the Postal Match course of fire for centerfire rifles
open sights at 50yd
scopes at 100yd
:)

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
In all centerfires:

Open sights = 50 yards

Scopes = 100 yards

Rimfires:

Open sights = 25 yards

Scopes = 50 yards

This will be a levergun only match. A levergun for the purpose of this match is a magazine fed levergun. So Marlin, Winchester, Savage, Browning, Rossi, ect are all included, get them out of the safe and shoot them.

That's my understanding of the rules.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Halwg said:
In all centerfires:

Open sights = 50 yards

Scopes = 100 yards

Rimfires:

Open sights = 25 yards

Scopes = 50 yards

This will be a levergun only match. A levergun for the purpose of this match is a magazine fed levergun. So Marlin, Winchester, Savage, Browning, Rossi, ect are all included, get them out of the safe and shoot them.

That's my understanding of the rules.
You have it right Hal. Should be a bunch of fun........

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Okay then I'll take this little Queen out of the safe it's been a while since she spread her lever. But I wonder how she will do with the LE ammo I bought for her. This is my Win. Wrangler 32spl. It's a little shy of the 35 cal. but the 1894 club isn't claiming a particular caliber.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Yes I know open sights are at 50 yards and scope at 100 yards. the picture was at the last time at the range. I guess if I want to use the same rifle I would shoot it without the scope at 50 yards and with the scope at 100 yards. But right now I'm thinking of shooting my 356w with a peep sight I bought for it. It shoot fine with a scope but I'll mount the Williams peep sight and see how well it shoots with it. It will be a double day at the range.

This is a target with a scope on my win. 94AE 356W. at 50 yards. I was testing loads this day.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
308/338 said:
Thank you is it fine for me to shoot at 50 yards with my rem 760 35R if so you guy are in trouble. I'll take her out of the safe and bring her to the range. I'll take this as the pistol cal. are 50 yards and under. Am I right?
the match is open for magazine fed leverguns.

Open sights at 50 yards. Scoped rifles at 100

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
big medicine said:
the match is open for magazine fed leverguns.

Open sights at 50 yards. Scoped rifles at 100
I don't have a problem with shooting at 50 yards with open sights. But the 35R are being called out. I only have two 35R. one is a XLR the other are the Rem. 760 35R. and a BLR 358W and a Win 94AE 356W which means I must decide on taking the scope off and putting a peep sight on the 356W. for 50 yards. I have more fate in the XLR-35R at 100 yards, the rifle is just built for it.

T :- :-\ NY

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Got to figure out how to get me some of them targets yall are useing. Im also a little confused about the rules. Scopes at a hundred? Isnt there a open sight class for a hundred too? Heck Im going to get me about 12 targets run off when I figure out how..After I see which loads are shooting best,Ill shoot a few with yalls targets and send in my best at 50 and 100 yards.With open sights,cause I aint got a lever with a scope.Dont even own a mount for a lever.Right now I need a target to run off a few. And set down,take my time,try useing a bag, instead of useing a sling with my elbow on the table.Wishing you guys luck,any suggestions would be appreciated.Gunrunner,,

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
308/338 said:
I don't have a problem with shooting at 50 yards with open sights. But the 35R are being called out. I only have two 35R. one is a XLR the other are the Rem. 760 35R. and a BLR 358W and a Win 94AE 356W which means I must decide on taking the scope off and putting a peep sight on the 356W. for 50 yards. I have more fate in the XLR-35R at 100 yards, the rifle is just built for it.

T :- :-\ NY
I don't understand why you need to remove a scope? If it has a scope shoot it at 100 yards. If it has open sights, peep sights shoot it at 50 yards.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Just gotta get some time to go shoot!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts