Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,220 Posts
If you look at the online Hodgdon's Reloading Data Center, there are all kinds of loads listed for the 35 Rem. I use LVR powder with either a Hornady 200 gr RN or 200 gr FTX bullet.

·
Super Moderator
26,220 Posts
And thanks buckeyeshooter!! Does anyone have experience with a load that works in both the marlin 336 and the remington 760?? I’d like to hear from someone that has a load that works well in both my 35’s
Thanks again
I shoot similar loads with LVR powder. The Marlins get the Hornady 200 gr RN bullet, the Rem 760 gets the Hornady 200 gr SP bullet. I can get ~2,400 FPS MV from the Rem 760 using that combo.

Reactions: CWT and utvolsfan77

·
Super Moderator
26,220 Posts
LVR is Hodgdon's LeverEvolution powder and is used in their LeverEvolution ammo which has the cartridge cases loaded with the 200 gr FTX bullet. I have found that powder to produce high velocity and excellent accuracy in my 35 Rem rifles.
I have been reloading 35 Rem for years---so I have a good inventory of powder/primers/bullets/brass. One has to build up a stockpile of components since these shortages seem to occur every few years according to whatever political crisis is happening at the time.

·
Super Moderator
5,602 Posts
My 336LTD SS 35 Remington likes 37g of IMR4895 with a 200g Hornady FTX. It doesn’t like the factory 200g Remington CoreLokts at all. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center is a great tool to use to find what shoots best in your rifle.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
The Hornady bullet is kinda hard for the 35 Remington velocity.
Read this,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts