Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 1975 35 Remington It is a 1975 (250959XX).

Its is not a safe queen, but might be a safe prince. Everything is bright and shiny, insider and out. Small indented ding on foregrip. The price is $575.

Whatdaya'llthink?

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Kinda high for many parts of the US. For my locale of central VA--that would be a steal. Beater 336C 30-30s are going for 500 bucks on the used racks. But this is in VA--I am guessing that prices in TX should be lower. If I had to guess--I would think that rifle would go for 400-450 bucks in your area. This is just a guess however--I have not lived in the Lone Star State since 1998. Prices should be cheaper in your area than what I have to deal with in my area.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
That sounds high. Right now there is a NIB Marlin 336c 35 Rem with a starting bid price of $525.00, there are no bids, only two days left in the auction. No mentioned of JM stamped, probably a new REMLIN.

Mike T.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gracias friends.

It seemed high to me too, but regional supply might be low.

Problem is that 35 Remingtons are not popular around here. Lotsa Texas guys want to shoot multi magnums at far-away targets.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Yea that price is a little high be patient you should be able to find one cheaper!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I want one too, but I can't justify spending a bunch of money for one. Even the remlins aren't cheap. The ammunition would be an issue for me. I'm just waiting for it to be right.

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
I bought this 1964 Sears Model 45 in 35 Rem on GunBroker last year for 480 bucks. It is in VG+ condition and shoots like a top. This is a store model Marlin--made for Sears by Marlin but marked as a Sears product. It was cheaper and in much better condition than what I can buy locally. If you do some heavy-duty research online--you can find a great JM Marlin in 35 Rem for a reasonable price. Besides the national gun sales sites--don't forget your regional online sites too.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm looking at a 1975 35 Remington It is a 1975 (250959XX).

Its is not a safe queen, but might be a safe prince. Everything is bright and shiny, insider and out. Small indented ding on foregrip. The price is $575.

Whatdaya'llthink?
I can raise a small dent in two minutes.

It's really about how much you want a vintage M336, or M94 Winchester in any chambering, balanced on the contents of your wallet.

I would not criticize anyone for buying something at the high end, having done that myself for motorcycles, skis, guns, bows, boats, and fishing equipment. If you want a .35, and the one at the LGS looks good, you might wait a while if you pass. Or the shop down the road has a twin for half the price. +/-/+/-/+/-...........

They aren't getting cheaper anywhere. There will not be more of them available next week, or next year.

Always remember when considering these situations: The man that dies with the most toys, WINS!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Up here in a eastern PA, thats a fair price. Although, if you don't handload ammo os getting pretty salty. I had two 35's years ago and let them get away. stupid is as stupid does! Funny how prices are high, and demand is low, aint it?

·
Registered
155 Posts
From Northern VA that is about exactly what a decent rifle will run you if not more. The closer you get to major cities the higher the price.

I'd pull the trigger if the action is fine and she looks in good shape.

M

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
There were two 336's in 35 REM on Armslist.com last week. The asking price was $495 for one and $500 for the other. I emailed the guy that had the first one and asked him if he had any wiggle room in the price. He said no, that was what he paid for it. So.....I let it go. I am leary of buying a rifle that ammo is either non-existent or hard to get. That brings the value of the firearm down, especially with shooters that do not reload.

At this point, I would wait until a better deal comes along.

Mike T.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.