Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a new 336 .35 Remington that I am in love with. I may have put a hundred rounds through it by now. It has a cheap Tasco 3 x 9 scope (World Class), which works better than I ever imagined. I put it on because it was all I had at the time, and now I think I'm going to leave it on.

It shoots real well with the Remington 150 Gr. factory loads. I found a load in a forum (don't remember if it was this one) for 39 gr. of 748 with a 200 Gr. Sierra or Hornady RN. I used a CCI 250 primer. This is listed as a max. load in Hodgdon's manual so I worked up. This is the first time I really worked a lot with 748 and it work's! My last group for five shots last Saturday was about 3/4" at 100 yds. It doesn't kick at all and it would knock anything I would care to shoot flat at that range. I'm impressed with the caliber and the Marlin. Nice looking rifle too. Anyone like the .35 as much as me? I'm 52 and I have a bunch of guns and I have shot a bunch of guns in my life but this one if pure fun!

Thanks and thank you Larry for this forum.

Blowtorch

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nothing like a good levergun.. Welcome to MO.. I don't use the 35 but its an excellent caliber for sure.. you will have many years of fun with it.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have the 336ss ltd. and a Rem 7600 in .35 Rem. The 200 gr. Rem. load wil just Git- R- Done on deer. Smooth to shoot too.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You guys are killing me here...my 336 .35 Rem is on layaway...I gotta have it!

That tears it...I'm gonna go get it out...buy some ammo and try 'er out...

Gotta do it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Midnight Rider...

Just remember...

It's only money!

You won't be sorry.

Thanks Guys,

Blowtorch

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Auh yes the Marlin Bug bites one hard. It is a good pain.
You will love your .35 Rem I am sure of that. Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have an older Marlin 336A on our rifle rack. It features the 24 inch barrel and abbreviated magazine. This 35 shoots first two shots touching each other at 100 yards! No kidding!

My son has toppled two average sized bulls with it. I killed a cow elk and young bull with it as well. We are very impressed with this rifle and cartridge.
Out to about 125 yards or so, it hits at least as hard as my older .308 despite paper chart figures which would suggest otherwise. I'm convinced that Remington's 200 grain core-lockt is a predictable high performance bullet!

The 180 grain Speer extends performance by another 50 yards or so. This bullet is useful for long shots for mulies in the canyon country close to our home.
Jack

·
Registered
84 Posts
My husband has a Marlin 336 in 35Remington Caliber. It is one of his favorite rifles. He bought it NIB and has had it for many years. He took it to our rifle range today too. GREAT shooting. :)

He has Marlins, Winchesters, etc.

I am happy that you love your new rifle. Best wishes and straight shooting.

Montana Lady

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Montana Lady.. don't know how I misses you , but welcome to MO

·
Registered
353 Posts
Blowtorch53... I love the 35 Rem and the Remington 200 grain factory rounds are very accurate in it. I tried several loads using 180 Speers but didn't get any more accurate than the factory rounds.

Also be careful with those factory 150 grain rounds in the tube, the spirepoint could set off other cartridges in the tube. ... if you're going that route make sure you pick up the new Hornady LEVERevolution ammo.

My wife loves this gun too as she took her first deer last year with it @ 125 yards with perfect shot placement.... now where talking hostile takeover on the gun (but may give me a good reason to go get a new Marlin

:lol:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The coordinator at the office, who helps schedule my out of town trips, has scheduled a trip this Thursday to include a swing past the shop holding my 35 for ransom. I'm going to have to bring back some treats for her.
The coworker I will be traveling with told me she wants to do some shopping along the way. Sounds like this could include a sporting goods shop to me...
I've got a better outlook now. :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Among all of my levers, my 336C 35Rem is the most accurate. I can't do 3/4" 5-shots at 100 yds, but I'm sure the gun is capable. I do get 0.5" at 50 yds. with open sights. My favorite load (which is safe in my gun, but may differ in yours) is a hard cast BTB .359"-180g LFNGC in front of 37g./H4895.

·
Registered
6 Posts
336RC 35Rem

One HELL of a gun,you will be pleased with it as I and many others are.After using Hornady LEVERevolution and Buffalo Bore(for BOAR) I stoped reloading for GOOD.Best of luck with your 336 :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts