Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday in the mail I got 50 new Winchester brass for the 35. $30.50! Plus shipping. Three were destroyed from factory sizing, the mouth pushed back to the shoulder on one side. What to do?
Just getting the 35 a couple weeks ago I couldn't wait to try it out, so loaded up 10 stepped out in the 5 degree weather and picked out some snow clods. Loaded some 158 lead with 9.5 grs. Unique, now that is fun.
Glad to be a 35 owner.
David

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
35 brass is a bit hard to get particularly in the off season. I pick up some when I can if I find some at a good price. Right now I have 300 empties, so I'm in pretty good shape. If you need more, you might find someone on this forum willing to sell you some.

I'd contact whomever you bought the brass from and ask them to replace the damaged ones.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I just looked on www.gunbroker.com and there are several good deals on .35 Rem brass. I bought about 800 pieces a few months ago for a real good price that I split with a buddy of mine.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
PM sent. 8)

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
If you're going to repeatedly load those new brass with light loads, do not use them again for full power loads.

Such causes problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the information. What a great site.
35remington, thanks for the heads up on the light loads. Do you recommend some heavier loads to start?
David

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
stronics said:
Thanks guys for all the information. What a great site.
35remington, thanks for the heads up on the light loads. Do you recommend some heavier loads to start?
David
You can buy HDY. 35R. LE ammo from www.powdervalleyinc.com and save the brass I did the math and it's cheaper to buy a 100 round then to the components to make 100 35R LE ammo. Save the brass the next time you reload you will save $60. on a 100 round.
Tony

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
I suggest separation of cases used for high velocity and low velocity loads.

Develop some accurate full power loads. Experiment. Have fun. Try different jacketed bullets and powders. 180 grain, 200 grain, 220 grain. IMR 3031, TAC, AA2230, AA2520, H335, H4895 and powders of similar speed are good candidates for such use.

Then, when you have a knowledge of what shoots well, and assuming the cases are still in good condition, demote them to milder loads, where their reloading life is still long due to lower stresses on the brass, and spring for a new batch to load up your now proven full power loads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts