Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Sorry if this is a tired subject, however I own a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. I've been looking for brass for reloading and am amazed it appears completely unavailable? I can find almost every other obscure caliber, but not 35 Remington. What is the problem with the 35.

Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
As far as finding used brass, you may want to try something that worked for me. I printed up a want ad for 35 Rem. brass and put it on the bulletin board at the local grocery store. I printed on the ad the amount I would pay for each piece. That was important as it eliminates unwanted calls plus it gives the seller an incentive to make the call.

In less than a week I received a response. Turns out the man lived about 3 miles from me and had used brass for several calibers. Said he picks up range brass around the country but did not load for the 35. I got 50 pieces of brass for half of what they are asking on Gunbroker.

You just never know!

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
I believe the 35 rem is heading for obsolete-ville. :( makes me like it that much more! hard to beat the ole 35 caliber

·
Registered
29 Posts
The .35 Remington is a seasonal item. It's made in one run each year. Once it's gone, no more until next year. I just picked up 250 once fired .35 Rem brass at my local gun shop. It's still around, just scarce.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went and bought 100 rounds of factory ammo strictly for the brass. Yeah, it was more money. But I've had to many instances w/ "once fired" brass being anything but. Once fired does not show signs of incipient case head separation. I also have 1k pieces on backorder. I'm making a lifetime purchase now since I have the money. That backorder was supposed to be in about six weeks ago :(

It can be formed from 308 but it takes multiple steps. And it's a conversion best served w/ a lathe. I'm not to keen on the drill press and file method. I have tried and it does work. It's not that long of a process Something just bothers me about it.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Dragon, who's taking backorders?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts