Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start loading this cal for the first time and will be using the RCBS 200gr GC. What's the best place to start, powderwise? I have the Lyman handbook, which list loads only for the faster powders. I have a lot of SR-4756 and Unique, but I was also wondering about slower powders like IMR4198 for accuracy. Will be shooting with a Remington M14 and a 336 micro-groove.

G

·
I pour that particuler bullet and I load it with 13grs of SR4756. I ues that load in a 1952 336SC. Last year I killed a deer at 65 yards with that load. One shot 10 steps DONE :!: With Unique I'd try 12 grains and with SR7625 I'd try 11.5 :wink:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Get a .360 sizer for that microgroove Marlin. They like their bullets fat. If you already have a .359 around, it's worth a try.

I'm not loading .35 Rem, but have a fair amount of cast bullet and Marlin experience. I'd simply use starting loads for the 200 grain jacket. This in one of the times you can do that, and I have always gotten better results with the faster rifle powders than with pistol powders.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I need to get a new sizer, all I have is a .357. I might try a few loads in the remington just for fun. 6pt, in the SR and Unique loads do you use a "filler" of any sort?

G

·
msj348 said:
I guess I need to get a new sizer, all I have is a .357. I might try a few loads in the remington just for fun. 6pt, in the SR and Unique loads do you use a "filler" of any sort?
No , I have never tried using fillers in any cartridges as of yet :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts