Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to this site.

I have searched through the site but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I would like to know where I can get 35 rem ammo for my Marlin 336.

I can't seem to find any out there....Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome ffd , the 35rem is hard to get at times. when its available you must jump on it and buy it. its a very short seasonal run that these companies offer.
Try cabelas. natchez ss, midwayusa ect. the problem is its bought up so fast its not in stock for very long.
Maybe try a hardware store or old gunshop tucked somewhere , they might have a box. Or you could take to reloading for it.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It is difficult to find but it's out there. Bass Pro Shop has had it recently. If you have one close by give them a call and you can order it on line from them and have it shipped.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I was running low and had trouble finding it close, so went ahead and ordered some online from Cabela's (Hornady LE) last week. They had free shipping going on for orders over $49, and maybe that is still going on...? Normally I just buy some when I see it locally to keep enough around, planning ahead so to say, but with a trip coming up shortly and letting my stock get lower than usual, I ordered it "just in case."

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Banned
3,908 Posts
FFD173.

Obviously, ammo availability is a probem for anyone that enjoys shooting the .35 Rem.

With this in mind, I can attest purchasing ammo from your major retailers is not as easy as a phone call away.
A recent search for .35 Rem 200gr ammo proved unsuccessful at all of the major online stores listed below.
Bass Pro
Cabelas
Midway
Brownells
Cheaper than dirt
Sportsman guide
Gander mounwtain
Georgia Arms
Buds gun shop
And many more.

As a matter of fact, when using online ammo search engines such as ammoseak.com you will find no listing for available .35 rem ammo.

The only ammo I was available to find readily availabe came from Cabelas, and was the Hornady 200gr leverevolution.
However, this supply is gone and im unsure when they may restock their main warehouse.

Its possible you may walk into a retail store such as BPS and find some ammo which has yet to be sold out, but I doubt it. (At least in my region)

I would visit every local pawn shop which sells ammo, and raid their supplies.
I gained about four boxes intaking this approach.
PS. If you fail to see .35Rem ammo stocked visibly pursue asking if they have any ammo in back storage.
Its possible a smaller pawnshop is keeping forward shelf space for the ammo which is most popular.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It is a seasonal production run once a year in the fall. I think that most the backlog has been bought so it it is a little hard to come by until the new run hits the shelves which should be soon.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I add my welcome to those already extended. Great bunch of gents here who know lots about levers, reloading and ballistics.

As stated, the seasonal production schedule is confounding on the consumers side of the fence but the manufacturers ramp up for specific caliber loads as a means of efficiency.

You should have a good leads now that hunting season is approaching, and it doesn't hurt to check here. Someone will give you a heads-up if you stay tuned.
Ss

·
Registered
109 Posts
Found some Hornady LE over the weekend at the local Gander Mountain. $29.99 You just have to be diligent in your search, and buy it when you see it. You could also check with your local gun shop and see if they can order it for you. I'm not a big fan of buying ammo online. Just a personal thing.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Sounds like it's time to get setup to reload!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Picked up 5 boxes from Cabelas last week. They had it in stock online for about a week. Free shipping also. Just have to watch for it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Here in Cincinnati, Ohio I did spot several boxes of the Hornady Flextip ammo, well over $30 a box, last week. Remington 200 grain RN was unsurprisingly empty on the shelf. I stocked up two years ago, and now glad I did. This was at the Bass Pro store in Forest Park.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Same as others have said get out and look you will find what you seek.
If the big boys do not have it check out of the way little shops.
Then roll your own from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot everyone!! I really appreciate all of the responses. I have checked online extensively. None to be found at this time. I did manage to get myself a slightly used original Marlin 336 in 35 rem. I also got 2 boxes of ammo from the gun store guy. His personal stock. (cause I bought the gun) I also managed to get 2 boxes from gunbroker auction site. That's 80 rounds for now. I am going to keep an eye on this thread. If anyone reading this sees any 35 rem at an online retailer, please post here. Thanks again for all of the responses! I'm going to like this site!

**Quick edit**

If anyone is interested, Sportsmans guide just got some 35 Whelen in stock today.

·
Premium Member
12,155 Posts
I have found it by checking online with Bass Pro Shops and like said before it does not last long so you need to check everyday until you find it then order it. You may want to look into loading your own if you plan to shoot a lot. Welcome to MO from Micanopy Florida.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would like to try and order online but i live in a stinkhole called new york and that dumbass cuomo passed a safe act law that says no online ammo sales. please pray for us new yorkers untill we retire and move to free states

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I just bought 80 rds of Hornady LE today. I tried to buy 100 but they made me put one back. I guess you can only buy 4 boxes of any ammo per customer. There was more there I'll grab a couple more Thursday, I wanted to try some core lokts. Hope my rifle like the LE rounds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts