Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
35 turned fifty, Time for some upgrades! Refinish with new spacer's. Front and rear band's with screw's, Mag tube , loading gate and screw, Wild west trigger and lever screw! First try, What ya think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
That looks great J, good job! Did you use a flat seal? I don't see much of a shine coming off the wood! Love the red and gold accents, were they standard? Or did you add them? Love it!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Very nice work!

Reactions: J BOBWAY

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Very nice! Harkens back to the day of the Weatherbys when they were US made! I like it! John

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Looks like people heart or ipe over canary wood.

Made sense when I saw the recurves as both are often used in bows. Do you ever build bows?

What is the bow 2nd from the right? Thought it was a 57 Kodiak special at first but realized the colors and limb shape are wrong once I opened the thumbnail. Maybe an old polar?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bows as they hang, Left to right,,,Ben Pearson 709,1966?,Bear Grizzly 73-74? Martin x-200,The only bow I received as new,2004. Bear Kodiak Hunter,1970, Bear cub,60's! And the Shakespeare that got me hooked. 64" 35# draw, Shoot's better than I can ever hope to! Hope ya'll don't think I'm jumpin ship,,, But this Trad thing had my heart before I rediscovered the 336. Simplicity comes from within. Personal choice! Every bow as well as every hand made Marlin is a work of art. I am blessed to own a little of each!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not ten year's back I shot a Martin with the riser of a recurve. And the limb's of a long bow. No hand shock and accurate as all get out. They let it go? Why i"ll never know. If you ever get to thinking about a hybrid-long-recurve,,,,,I'm in!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mazer, Watco Danish Oil, Light oak! Simple is as Simple is done! Just may be the only part of the project I got right! Like I said ,,,I GOT A LOT TO LEARN!

·
Registered
155 Posts
As a fellow woodbutcher.....I'm impressed. That's not easy. Nicely done sir, nicely done indeed.

M

·
Registered
155 Posts
And oh yeah, been shooting traditional archery gear for 25 years....my collection of recurves and longbows will be handed down to my son...who's been shooting since he could walk.

Now which end of that arrow goes on the string?

M

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
great lookin' rifle

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
I like it. Been thinking about a different spacers other than white. That fills the bill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.