Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the components to reload 35 rem ammo. I have looked far & wide but no joy. I'm just beginning to reload and do not have a stockpile of components. I've been told the 35 cal is a seasonal item. Does this hold true for components too?

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
I got my reloading items from a number of places. you have to hunt for them. I got the bullets at sports man warehouse 120 miles away by accident. brass from the internet, primers from a gun shop, and powder from a different place. Sorry but it is a real pain at times. Just try to enjoy the chase. Best of Luck Joel Lee

Reactions: CWT

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bob... I'm in the same boat.. It seems that they are seasonal run.. My best advise is to get on email alerts.. go ahead and back order.. and just plain keep your eyes and ears open.. for brass and bullets from friends of friends..... GB...ebay...or wherever else. I ordered some of those 356 dia. bullets off midway but have yet to test any.. kind of anxious to see how they do.. I also emailed hornady and they said they were producing the RN 200gr 35 cal but were filling back orders.. Well... not to sure about that but thats what they said.:hmmmm: Hopefuly there will be plenty of bullets by sept or oct. As for brass... well that's another story. I was able to score 400 pcs of 1x fired the other day and was thrilled.. best of luck on your journey for reloading the awesome 35 rem. CWT

Reactions: joel lee

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Bob
Tis Tough Times For Sure.... What "Ingredients" exactly are you looking for? If you tell us we may have an idea where to have you look or more likely can keep an eye peeled for it....?

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
17,104 Posts
Start stocking up on primers and powder,and always be on the lookout for brass and bullets. It's a hunt these days. Part of the fun. Suitable powder and Large Rifle Standard primers are easy enough now. Get what you can,and get a good supply.
Factory ammo is priced out-of-reach anymore,used to be a good source of brass.
Best of luck.

Rob

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They're all right here in my reloading closet. Actaully I pick up brass and bullets whenever I find them and that is far and few between.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bob... what powder are you going to use .?? If ya don't mind me asking. There are several powders that I am seeing alot of. Leverevolution. and
4064. 4064 want break any sound barriers but it is very accurate.. and it is abundant these days and it works with many calibers.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Every time I pass Gun Shop, I stop and go in to look for reloading components. I've been doing that for a year and half now, and I will continue to do so, until my LGS can start to get what I need. It's just a fact of life in this day and time.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
You just have to keep searching and checking. Being on the email alert list of some of the businesses that deal in once fired brass helps too.
I just lucked out and got 100 once fired .35 Rem brass. The ammo shortage also means that mixed head stamp isn't really that mixed after all with 61 R-P and 49 Hornady with 3 W-W thrown in as spares.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Bob; Remington & Winchester usually run a seasonal run on brass in Sept.& Oct. on brass in 35 Rem. As for bullets it's anyones guess. Good luck and buy when you see it.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Don't know what your lookin fer but there is a guy on castboolits thats got 390 pieces of brass for sale right now.

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
There was some in the Ammo, components and reloading section just this week. Somebody snatched 'em up today.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
35 Remmie brass is usually a seasonal run.

Reloading bullets aren't usually an issue, but manufacturers are trying to catch up with existing demand and backorders. The less popular the round, the less likely you are to see bullets for it in the near future. Luckily you should be able to find 357 handgun bullets you can use in a pinch.

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
There is still some to be have. 1 x fired 35 rem. brass tumble primers moved and Rem. 200 gr. RNCL. bullets. in trade and sell " components and reloading section"
T
:biggrin: NY

Reactions: Pereira

·
Registered
68 Posts
Patience Grasshopper! Keep your ears, eyes, and all your senses open. Just picked up a 336SC a month ago, and found REM 200gr CL ammo for sale online for an excellent price. I now have 200rnds of factory ammo to use & reload. My LGS has 32 Win Spl & 444 ammo... which shocked the heck out of me.

In stock ammo, guns, magazines, and reloading supplies

Grafs, Midway, and the LGS's on the outskirts of town may have what you are looking for.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Where are all the components to reload 35 rem ammo. I have looked far & wide but no joy. I'm just beginning to reload and do not have a stockpile of components. I've been told the 35 cal is a seasonal item. Does this hold true for components too?
Most of the SC gun shows like the one at Jamil and the Mike Kent Land of the Sky shows have plenty of reloading stuff, including for the 35 Rem, but it's expensive.

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse in Columbia the other day and they had pills and primers, a little propellant but no brass for 35 Rem.

Slighs Pawn and Gun in Lexington usually have a good supply of reloading stuff. And the boys down at Shooter's Choice in Columbia can usually get you want you want as well through Ellett Brothers, except for brass right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure what powder to use. This is my initial foray into reloading. I've read a number of recommendations but haven't arrived at a decision yet. I'm not looking to get into the upper end of the spectrum, just a mid range load. Just acquired some Hornady .358 200 gr. that will probably be my choice as I like the Hornady rounds for my handguns . Haven't tried reloading them yet. Starting with the 35 & will see where it goes from there.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Well, I live in Rock Hill, and there is one LGS that carries the Federal 200gr 35Rem, so I just buy a box from time to time. Use the fired brass to reload. Bullets, I currently got a few hundred from Western Bullet Company. 215gr LRNFPGC, very reasonable. I get RL7 or IMR-4198 for powders. usually can find one or the other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts