Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased another 35Rem. 336 (with out safety),With 200gr. Rem. bullets ,I use 37gr.s of H335 ,to get what think are factory Vel.s,I'd like to know a faster load in this combo ,and a higher pressure load for 220gr. FN speer bullets useing this powder,I've got a 100 of these bullets left over from my 356win. days.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Do a search on posts by 35 remington he did two lengthy posts in which he was conducting some really good tests with a lot of powders, different bullet weights etc. There is a lot of really good data.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read those posts, very, very informative,but didn't contain the data that I'm looking for.
I did a search and seen where 39gr. of H335 will push a 200gr. RN to 2130fps,which sounds good ,maybe it'll shoot well out of my guns.
But I'd like to have a stout load for the 220gr. bullets useing H335.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,573 Posts
Buckeye, I know of no such data with H335.

I set an arbitrary powder use cutoff for high velocities with the 220 Speer as approximating H4895; powders faster in burn rate were not tried, but those slower were.

I have tried more powders since then, and if you like ball powders you'll like what I have to say, since I have tried several that work really well with the 220 Speer, including Ramshot TAC and Accurate 2520. Both are excellent. More extruded powders were also tried, including IMR 4895 and 4064.

Send me a PM and we'll discuss it at length. I also got the input of Accurate's ballistician Johan Loubser, and his counsel confirmed many things I have written about the .35 Remington. It's always nice to get advice from an expert in ballistics and handloading.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 35 Remington, I'll send you a PM soon! And I've really enjoyed your posts on the .358 Bullets performance used in the 35 Rem. I'm not a bit suprised at how well the 200gr. Rem. bullets did. I've just got a bunch of 220gr. left from when I had a 356 win.And I use H335 in my 45/70 ,444, and 35 Rem. I figured they would be a good load useing the 220gr. bullet.
I've got two 336 in 35 rem. one made in 1977 and one in 1957.
Both huntin guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts