Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several pistol bullet moulds to try but I have two dedicated cast bullet rifle moulds as well. I have the RCBS 200 grain and the Saeco 245 Grain no. 352??

What is everyone else using/having any luck with?

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
The RCBS is a very good bullet. Try 33-35 grains IMR 3031 and the RCBS 200 GC cast of wheelweights. Should give you good results right away, and performance is about equivalent to 200 grain factory loads. Works fine for deer as well. MV is around 1950-2050 fps with these charges, depending upon temperature.

No need to harden the bullet for these velocities, and you can expect good expansion at this speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other moulds to look at? NEI has a couple of promising looking numbers. What pistol moulds if any have you had any luck with?

I love all things .35 and maybe getting off track I am thinking about having Lee build me a custom mould based on the old Lyman 358009 that Paco Kelly is always talking about. Originals are almost impossible to find and while it is too heavy for .35 Rem use it would do well in my .358's and Whelens.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
At the time I wanted to buy a mold for my 358, I hoped that Lyman still made their 250. They didn't so I got their 205 (or so) round nose design. I haven't tried it on anything bigger but it works well as a small game partner to heavier jacketed loads when I use it with SR4759 at around 1900 fps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts