Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with a custom ammo manufacturer last week who told me that Remington was stopping production on the .35 Remington. He said that brass for the .35 Rem is getting harder to find than for the .348 Win.

I e-mailed Remington and put the question to them and as of today, I have not received a reply. I know that Marlin is continuing to manufacture in .35 Rem.

What have you folks heard?

Do I need to go out & buy a case? Which might not be a bad idea anyway.

Hog

·
Registered
243 Posts
Though I have no official confirmation, I find it hard to believe that Remington would discontiue 35 Remington ammo or brass for reloading. Winchester still makes 307 ammo and the 307 was far less successful than the 35. Plus there are too many T/C Contender barrels in 35 Rem for Remington to discontinue making the brass and bullets. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Can't say. Though this gent should be in the "know" some drop such info so it will appear that they are a part of the inner circle privy to secret information.

On the other hand, large manufacturers do funny things...

SS

·
Registered
688 Posts
An they're going to drop the 405 gr. .458 FPs as well, right? :roll:

·
Registered
482 Posts
This might come from the .35 corlokt thing last year. Remington from what I gather quit selling the 35 rem bullets in small quantities. But they still produce the bullets I've been getting mine from Midway and they are repackaged in 100 pc. lots.

I will say that Midway does not advertise 35 rem brass though.

B

·
Registered
77 Posts
This cannot be true, seeing how rifles are still being produced in this caliber. There were probably more rifles made in 35rem than 257 Roberts, 7mm-o8, and 300 Savage combined, and the are still loading them. They may temporarily suspend production of the brass as a component, but they will continue loading it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a good thing I buy lots od ammo for the rifles I own. I should have enough .35 for a while. 8)

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Sounds like it might be a good idea to stock up before the hoarders find out about this! I have a lot, but never enough. Same applies to guns, powder, primers............ :?

Papajohn

·
Registered
136 Posts
There will always be 35 rem components around

If you can buy 8mm lebel, 45-120, 7.5 swiss, 7.65 belgian brass-and a host of other "odd / obsolete" cartridges, I find it implausable to believe that there will ever be a time when you couldn't get 35 Rem brass and bullets.

How many millions of Marlin rifles are out there?

Don't get your panties bunched up. Maybe brass is made on an annual run, not monthly-but it will me made.

If you're concerned, buy 500 pieces of 35 rem brass, 1000-2000 Rem 200 gr corelokts and sleep easy.

Look at at the "obsolete" factory loadings Hornady is producing now. They may not be CHEAP, but they are available-and future availability was the point of this thread.

"There will always be an England...", and 35 Rem components.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
If I can still get brass for my 7.7 Jap from Graf's, I'm not real worried about the 35 rem supply drying up. Buy in bulk and save it for a rainy day!

PJ

·
Registered
336 Posts
I do know that for the last year i haven't been able to find any 150 grain Remington ammuntion in 35.Rem in my area. My stocks are getting low. If I ever run across any I will buy all i can. The 200 grainers are still plentiful here, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This cannot be true. Go to the remington web site and this year they made a special model of the 7400 pump in 35 Rem. Would not make since that you would sell the rifle but not the ammo. Shortage of brass may just be that they make a bulk every year or so and stock pile it. Let's face it they are not selling that much of it. May be comeing to the end of the cycle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
DICK's Sporting Goods sells stacks of 35 Remington each year throughout their stores in eastern Pennsylvania. No chance that Remington will stop production of such a consistant good seller. Your source of info is wrong.
Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts