Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I just bought a , no make that 2, 336s in 35 cal rem. I can find 35 Whelen ammo but not a drop of 35 rem. Is the 35 Whelen more popular than the 35 rem of is it the other way around, the 35 rem is more popular hence less quantity Cavailable. I don't remember seeing that many guns for sale in 35 Whelen. Cant even find brass to reload. Can't stand having these things in my possession with out being able to make them go bang. I must have caught the fever!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I've noticed that 35 Remington is a lot harder to find than the 35 Whelen. I bought some 35 Remington at Bass Pro Shop the other day. It wasn't cheap, but at least I have several boxes of it on hand now. The Whelen ammo was right there, too, about three times as much as the Rem ammo. Good luck in your search, but don't give up. It can still be found!

Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have bought some recently at Bass Pro and also found plenty in the Maryland area gunshops. Both the Hornady Leverevolution and standard Remington Corelok. It was available when 30/30 ammo was scarce. Right around $30 per box.

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
There is plenty of 35 Rem in central VA--finding 35 Whelen is about difficult as finding 30-30 in my area. There is just not any to be had.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Check your bass pro they have it every time I am there.
Not cheap mind you but they have it. About $2.00 a pop after taxes right now for LE.
MBW

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Mail ordered some from Bass Pro, arrived yesterday, standard 35 Rem 200 SP Cor Lokt, bought to blast and get the brass.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I bought a box of Remington Core-Lokt 200 GR. for $29.99 at the Columbia, MO Bass Pro 2 weeks ago. They had 4 boxes of .35 and lots & lots of everything else except .22 rimfire.

DRSLYR

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ironically I can find tons of 30-30, but not .35!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Welcome from a small bluff in W TN. around here you can get 30-30 alot easier than .35. The 30-30 goes pretty quick, but .35 is pretty much non-exisdent.
I roll my own in both cal., so makes it a little easier.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

·
Premium Member
24,600 Posts
Maybe we need to set up an ammo exchange here on the forum, for guys who
are having troubles finding stuff they need in their area.
Maybe we should see what the Mods think?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Welcome from the woods of New York.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
35 Remington is seasonal production. You will be very luck to find any this time of the year. That's why I handload.

·
Super Moderator
15,902 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts