Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhmm..... Anyone know where all the .35rem went?

Reactions: erimort

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
It all got bought. Unfortunately, .35 Rem is a limited production run for the major manufacturers once a year. I think that they are due to be cranked out late summer, early fall.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's been a while since I bought a box. My brass is just about used up. I could get a box for about $28 couple years ago. Now they are going for $40 plus shipping on gun broker and everywhere else is out of stock. :shot:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello and greetings. I'm new here and just noticed this thread as I've been searching for .35 rem ammo myself - unsuccessfully. Anyway I happened on the Hornady Facebook page so I sent them a message over the weekend asking if they were planning a seasonal run on their LeveRevolution ammo in .35 rem any time soon. They responded today that they are running the .35s right now and I should keep checking in with my retailers.

So if the LeveRevolution is your thing you should be in luck shortly. Although I remember right around this time last year when I finally found some it didn't last long. Everybody was out again in what seemed like a couple weeks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was really hoping for some Remington 200's. I don't have a face book page but if you get a chance, could you give them a buzz and tell them to get to work....... :p Thanks for the info brother.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I was down to my last 3 factory rounds last year (and only two were 200 grainers) and had to switch over to my Glenny 30/30. Gave up trying to find any and started reloading for it this year. Even the projectiles were hard to find. Thankfully a MO member had almost a box of 200 grain Corelocks he was willing to swap for some brass. I had thought I was going to have to go to a cast bullet load and had even started casting them. Only loaded a few cast but have decided it would be wise to finish working up a load since even the bullets are scarce.

Good luck on finding any. Especially for a reasonable price. I always liked to stick with the Factory Remington 200 RN as I had my 35's sighted for that load. I did notice the Hornady's were easier to find (but that ain't saying much!) and often a little cheaper when you did.

Thankfully my handload shoots almost exactly to the same point of impact as the factory load and I didn't even have to adjust the scopes on rifles.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I've passed on plenty of it at the Bass Pro Shops. The 150 and 200gr. were $29.99.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I've passed on plenty of it at the Bass Pro Shops. The 150 and 200gr. were $29.99.
I've been to 3 Cabela's recently and none had it.

My LGS had 1 box of LeverEvolution, so I'll be good for this seas.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Check this all the time...

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/35-remington

Over the past couple months I've aquired 200 rounds of Remington 200grain from Bass Pro using the Free ship to Store.

Last time I was in the Hampton, VA Bass Pro which was last Thursday they had three boxes of Rem 200gr on the shelf.

·
Registered
20,272 Posts
does speer still make the 180 & 220gr flat points? that 180gr is one heck of a bullet! i'm in east tx & i haven't seen any 35 rem factory loads. i have 1 more place i can check locally.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
does speer still make the 180 & 220gr flat points? that 180gr is one heck of a bullet! i'm in east tx & i haven't seen any 35 rem factory loads. i have 1 more place i can check locally.
Yep they still make them but they are hard to find. I got on the Midway email notification service about two months ago for the 180's. Still took two tries to get them as I wasn't quick enough the first time! So if you sign up, jump when you get notified or they will be gone in less than a day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Weird you guys are running short of 35 in the US of A. I see it in stock every time I am in most of my LGS. Rem 200's are $25/box

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
I have a case of Rem. Core-lok 200 gr. projectiles on Backorder about 10 months as soon as I get notified I'm buying it. The good part is when I'm notified midway have will 100 ct. boxes for sale too. Go to sites that take backorders and put one in for components and ammo too, you'll be notified. Buy a two or three year supply and do this for the following years, order replacement component/ammo and you'll never have to hunt for ammo again.
I have a hunting buddy and we both hunt with 336-35R. he was telling all through the Fluke fishing season in Coney Island he can't find 35 rem. ammo/components I didn't say a word but its getting close to sighting rifle time so I told he if he can't find it I had him covered. This morning I find two NIB fish filet knives, he knows I need them and too cheap to buy new ones.:flute:
T:biggrin: NY

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new guy here with a 35...live in central TX and I find Academy almost always has 35 Rem in 200 grain.....usually 6 or 8 boxes on the shelf....right around 28 bucks....

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are, i`m on vacation travel with my 5th wheeler, have been in 24 states, visited all the gun, ammo, sports stores i could find. the count is near 40 stores from Florida to Idaho. I have seen plenty of all calibers except 22 long rifle, not one of the shops/stores had 22 ammo of any kind. :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are, i`m on vacation travel with my 5th wheeler, have been in 24 states, visited all the gun, ammo, sports stores i could find. the count is near 40 stores from Florida to Idaho. I have seen plenty of all calibers except 22 long rifle, not one of the shops/stores had 22 ammo of any kind. :(
They're slowly catching up on 22lr ammo, you just gotta be in the right place at the right time. Two weeks ago my local cabelas must've gotten a good shipment in, I managed to pick up a box of Win 222ct. Looked like they had a whole pallet on the floor. I'm still looking for 35 Rem though. I'm hopeful to find enough to be able to sight her in and take her for a walk this fall.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Stopped in a local gun store this afternoon to see if they had anything in marlin levers out for sale and heard the guy behind the counter say 35 remingtons and then put the guy on hold. I said let me guess...he's looking for 35 ammo...guy say's yes...how'd you know. I told him it was a guess but that everyone was looking for some and I suggested Bass Pro once again.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Weird you guys are running short of 35 in the US of A. I see it in stock every time I am in most of my LGS. Rem 200's are $25/box
That's interesting. I bought 3 boxes of Hornady 200 grain a few months ago at a LGS out of my area when I was in their neck of the woods. The one Partner said they had just received some stock. I would buy Rem 200's if I can get them for $25 a box too, but in Canada? The taxes there are crazy compared to the states. I never looked for them here yet, I stick with Hornady. I like the extra distance I can get out of that design and worth the $30 a box I paid.

Cheers!

Mike T.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts