Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Is it a problem firing 35 Whelen ammo in a 336 Chambered in 35 Rem. I can find the 35 Whelen but the 35 Rem is difficult to come by. New to the Marlin 35 cal fraternity.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
.35 Whelen case is about 63mm long

.35 Rem is about 50mm long.

Bullet diameters are the same .358

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
.35 Whelen case is about 63mm long

.35 Rem is about 50mm long.

Bullet diameters are the same .358
Hey Swany,

Thank you for the clarification.

What's a mm? LOL (If the metric system was any good, the French would not have invented it)

60,000 Meters to the center of the Earth, from Paris. ROTFLMAO! Got a fifty foot tape, need a few French guys with shovels, to "verify" that!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Hey Swany,

Thank you for the clarification.

What's a mm? LOL (If the metric system was any good, the French would not have invented it)

Later, Mark
Well its MM's Silly!!! Melts in your mouth not in your hands!!! :flute: :marchmellow: :biggrin:

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
The metric system evolved on a little figuring. 1,000,000 meters is the circumference of the earth I believe pole to pole.

Then you have microns which I used to deal with, 1/1,000,000th of a meter. When I ran a CMM or $6,000,000 tape measure.

The big plus is I could not remember how long they were in inches so I gave the metric sizes approximate. ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Impossible fit. The .35 Whelen is based on the 30-06 case, just necked up to hold a .35 caliber bullet instead of a .30 cal. The only thing that the two have in common is they use the same diameter bullets.

10705d1325274325-comprehensive-list-cartridges-pictures-35_whelen_ai.jpg
The one on the far left is a .35 Rem and the two on the far right are .35 Whelen.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well you know what you have to do now! Go buy a Whelen, at least you know where to find some ammo.

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Hey Mark, that's about a 5/16" difference in case length and nearly a 1/2" difference in OAL and we leave the MM's in the candy dish, sugar is far too high for this time of night....

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts