Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my two 336 .35's today-sunny, 75 degrees and no wind. My loads were all factory- 200 gr. Rem, 200 gr. Win and the new (for me) 200 gr. Hornady "Leverevolution" stuff. The Hornady load is close to the POI (at 50 yds) of the Rem, which was my prefered load. The new "Leverevolution" groups superbly in both the 336 LTD (thanks, Sure-Shot) and the 1955-era 336 ADL. This is now the load I will use for both rifles. Both of them are equipped with receiver sights- Williams FP on the LTD and Lyman on the elderly ADL. Except for maybe a 'scope-sighted .30-06 and a .223 for some other situations, why would anyone need something besides a slick Marlin .35? It was a good day, topped off with a fat "carne asada" (steak) burrito at my favorite taco stand on the way home. Can't get better than that! Bob (OIF2)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Fantastic.... nothing like a great shooting lever to put a smile on your face.. :lol:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Win or Rem?

Hi Marlin Man- I like Rem 200 gr. Groups well in my two 336's. The new Hornady stuff is awesome, though. I would be happy with only 200 grain Remington if I had to pick. I would like to see chronograph results on both 18.5" and 24" barrels. Regards, Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts