Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anybody has done any shooting with the 35 rem. leverevolution bullets yet. I picked up a box today along with 30-30. My only concern is how the 35's will shoot in a micro-groove barrel. If the wind dies down i'll get a chance to shoot a little today, but was curious to see how others made out.

G

·
I bought 2 boxes of the 30-30 and 2 boxes of the 35. Shot the 30-30's which shot very well . But I've not shot the 35's yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They shoot very well. I started a thread on what type of bullet are they, had lots of responses. My concerns are will they hold together for the close shots. I think they will... just waiting for some one to pull one out of an animal or jell block from 20-40yds. The guy 35 Rem is doing a study on their performance he should post it next week or so.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
JDenis,

Where do you live?

If I waited for the wind to die down before shooting,...I wouldn't...shoot, that is! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I went to the range to day. The wind was howling from 7:30 o'clock. But the shooting line was protected so the wind wasn't hitting me directly, just my bullets as they traveled down range. My groups were all on the right side of the bull. And they were a tad larger than I liked.

But I got the practice of spot weld, sight picture, squeezing off the shot, and calling the shot. :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in the Adirondacks in New York. We were getting about 20-30MPH gusts so I didn't bother. Just enjoyed some beers instead. Its snowing pretty good here now so no shooting but we are taking a trip to Gander MTN so I happy just the same. I can't wait to try the 35's. I'm not too worried about the 30-30's shooting too bad.

G

·
Well its nice here wind not bad and no rain or snow but.......................the flu got a hold on me and I've not been out :cry: Or I would let you know . I am even gonna go as far as pulling the 1-4 off and put my Leupold 6.5-20 on to see what it will do :wink: I think at some point I'm gonna put that scope on the XLR and shot groups with the 3 factory loads I tried before and see if they get better 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts