Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about $300 for a 1971 336 .35cal. I already have a 30-30 and a 45-70 and thought I would complete the collection.

fknipfer

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have one from the same year and love it. Around here that would be about the average price from what I've seen, but I seldom see .35 Rems for sale. Depending on where you are, you might be able to find one cheaper. I guess what you should be asking yourself is, is it worth $300 to you to have in your collection? Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
fknipfer said:
What do you guys think about $300 for a 1971 336 .35cal.

Sounds like a good price to me.......but then again, I'm partial to the older guns.

....I thought it would complete the collection.

Right up until you found another one... :D

fknipfer

G

·
Got my 1953 35rem in excellent condition for $270 and to me it was worth every penny. They had $325 on it but I got them down.
Like YoYo and Shum said when it gets down to it its up to how bad your jonesing for it.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went ahead and bought it. Now all I have to do is keep it in the garage for about 3 or 4 months and then take it in the house. When the little lady asks where that came from I will just tell her, oh that thing I have had it for a long time.
Besides it looks like it would make a perfect black bear gun.

Cheers
fknipfer

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
fknipfer said:
Now all I have to do is keep it in the garage for about 3 or 4 months and then take it in the house. When the little lady asks where that came from I will just tell her, oh that thing I have had it for a long time.
Congrats - There's another reason for having several - they all resemble each other. Just carry an empty gun case out, stating you are taking one in for some work, and then bring the case backin full......

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do that too, but I think the wife is catching on, that is why I am branching out to the 336's. She is getting wise to my 99 collection. :shock: Les

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never thought about the gun case good idea. Will definetly try that.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
OK - borrow a buddy's rifle and give him your new one......have him "drop by" and ask if you would be interested in a trade........I had a buddy years ago that was VERY creative....

Shum8

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I had a friend that had guns stashed all over his house. He always left one empty slot in his gun cabinet. He said his wife would always know there was an empty slot and never questioned him about any "new" guns 8)

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
1971 year of the 35 cal 336T, straight stock. Not even a question that it is worth that if it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1971 Marlin 336 35Rem w/Weaver 3x9 Marksman scope, 97% blue

So I guess my $187.00 one, as described above, with the pistol grip, was a deal? :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sure-Shot, I don't know if his is a C or a T. Mine is a C and I love it. It was my Dad's first deer gun. Do you have a place across the water where you see many used Marlin's? Any that you'd like to disclose anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
1040 I really enjoy the 35, I think I currently have 5. Not a bad price.

YoYo I find them all over the place but I have a friend I went to High School with who owns a gunshop and calls me anytime he gets a Marlin in. I have bought several at Gunshows at Puyallup and Munroe (Washington Arms Collectors) even made it down to Portland for a show down there. I have not been to the small show in Port Angelas but intend to go as a friend says he sees a lot of unusual guns up there. I have bought several from folks on this site and on Marlin Collecters as well as gun auctions on line. So the big thing is letting people know you are looking. Currently I have about 60 Marlins and a few others. Every once in awhile I sell my duplicates so I can upgrade. Any time I get a new to me collectable I usually will have another one I am willing to part with. Last gunshow I set a table up at I had at least four of my friends come up and tell me about any Marlins they have seen. When you talk about them, something I enjoy doing, it doesn't take long before you here about this old Marlin someone has in their closet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts