Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first rifle is a 338MXLR! WOW!!!
I don't hunt just love knowing I could! Target seems to be fine for me and maybe I'll stop the groundhogs from teasing me/dogs now.
I wanted a general purpose rifle that could ride in the truck and cover anything out there and this is it! Small to large target & short to long range.
I believe it was poorly milled, but is beautiful outside. I have put 50 through with factory sites and is great. The action is getting better everytime its shot.
I deburred the noticble and things really improved. Should'nt have to on a new gun, but in this day & age it has become standard to fix new products including tools, cars,furniture, and everything else that is mass produced. Shift changes to lazy a$$ workers who are just there for a paycheck may be the problem, but we should all know this happens in everything made by all companies. The great companies fix the problem and save face. They don't sweep it under the rug! We'll see what happens here! I'm hoping to mount scope as soon as the quick detach rings arrive. I think this is important for a daily shooter with a lever & when I fire it and people expect a 44 they are holding their mouths open wishing they could reach out there too! I think I may have the dreaded Barrel Droop, but it seems to me that if shims fix it than I'll have the front mount machined so the fix is fast. I'm not interested in waiting on a global company to shift gears for results or repairs. Exspecially since the shipping cost more than the fix. I'm not sure about Marlin yet, but the .338 Marlin Express is my round for now!
I would like to thank the Marlin Owners for all the info it's been helpful on informing me of the Good/Bad with what i hope will be a rifle handed down for generations!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I almost forgot:
the serial is MR 014XXX
Also under the hammer is 9 18 10
I hope this gives insight to the Production of poor quallity issue!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Congrats. I believe this is the first new productions that I've heard of so far. So, they still haven't fixed the problem. That sucks. You'll love your gun, it's a great shooter. I like everything about mine, I shoot it as often as I can.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Coomster said:
I almost forgot:
the serial is MR 014XXX
Also under the hammer is 9 18 10
I hope this gives insight to the Production of poor quallity issue!
That's interesting. Now they are putting manufacturing dates under the hammer? How about posting a pic of that number under the hammer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a pic of under the hammer........ Looks like encryption also???? Maybe they need to hide something from the public!!!!!!
Information is power!!!!!!!

Or maybe I'll just shoot it till I get bored and find a new toy! Hope another company dosn't take advantage of their short comings. I might change directions! I always wanted the best anyway, Name brands are made for cloths & electronics!!! Hope they realize the bought quality not just a name??????????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FredT I've used a straight edge and things look funny. I'm a carpenter and I can eye this one. Hope I'm seeing things, but I'll let u know. Hopefully it rises fast coming out the hole at the other end! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been trying to get a picture attached for awhile cant seem to get-r-done. Any suggestions! Help please!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts