Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a 338 MX with the 91 serial # that didn't have any problems? My local dealer ordered one for me and I got one of the dreases 91s. Fit up looks pretty good.It cycles pretty smooth too. I'll boresight it this weekend and find out. HOPING FOR THE BEST/ PREPARING FOR THE WORST.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
I have one, but it's a very early 91 with 4 0's after the 91 and the JM proofmark. It hasn't had any problems and shoots really well. If you haven't seen it, here is a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I got one that didn't have the "droopy" barrel but did have a rough chamber. Remington replaced the barrel and everything is fine. No shimming the scope before barrel replacement or after. Has always grouped good. Mine is a 91 with 2 zeros after it if that helps, Lonnie.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think 92's and 93's are probably OK! But 91's are a crap shoot, unless You know what your looking for then buyer beware. Look at all the posts here! the problems have been described over and over! In the case of my gun I was naive and let the little flaws go because I didn't know what to look for but I do now! thanks to this site and the people here with all there knowledge! Live and learn the hard way that's the way I do it. Oh well, Dennis

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hal, could You Please keep posting the pic's of Your 338 every once and while as it reminds me of what I'm missing ;D Dennis

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
stykbow57 said:
Hal, could You Please keep posting the pic's of Your 338 every once and while as it reminds me of what I'm missing ;D Dennis
;D I can. If you get one that functions properly, it's a gun you will thoroughly enjoy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My 91 has been flawless and shoots better than most of my other rifles in the rack. It's a 912002xx run and it does have the JM proof. I'd be curious as to how your guns' sn falls compared to mine. I don't think mines all that low of a number. Although i do have the XLR.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hal! I know, the one I got shot a great group in the dirt! I have all the dies, powder, bullets, cases, six box's of LE ammo but no gun! It's a weird kind of pain but I can take it as the 308 has filled the gap for now. Dennis

·
Registered
274 Posts
stykbow57 said:
Hal! I know, the one I got shot a great group in the dirt! I have all the dies, powder, bullets, cases, six box's of LE ammo but no gun! It's a weird kind of pain but I can take it as the 308 has filled the gap for now. Dennis
dont forget to let me have it for a while if your gun gets back before mine ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Plumber you know I would love to let You BARROW My 308 but I think You would like it to much and I would never see it again! Dennia

·
Registered
274 Posts
stykbow57 said:
Plumber you know I would love to let You BARROW My 308 but I think You would like it to much and I would never see it again! Dennia
ya think?? ::)
just teasin ya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts