Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
yawn.......
We've been waiting to see that load for over a year now. Don't think it's gonna happen.
If you want a 250gr bullet in your .338, order some Hornady 250gr RN's.
Let us know what powder gave you the best velocity. That's what I'm waiting for from Hornady. Some data on the 250gr RN in the .338MarlinExp. I suspect a slower powder such as H414 will be neccessary for best performance.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry, I don't know how to do a link, but search for my posting on the 250gr. Hornady tested on7-23-2009.
Guzziac,
Richard P.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
I doubt that I'd be interested in a 250 gr bullet with the 338 ME. With that stubby case I'd like to see a 185 gr MonoFlex and have Hornady toughen up the 200 gr FTX with an Interlock bullet. I'd say the heaviest bullet I'd want to shoot would be about 225 grains and I think even that is going to take up considerable room in the case.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Since the 250RN bullet is a round nose it carries more of it's weight in front than a SP does therefore doesn't require seating too far into the case. I did have to purchase a C-H Canilure tool in order to put the crimp in the correct location for the right OAL with the 338 Express (2.600). Actually I am surprised Hornady hasn't done this yet.
Guzziac,
Richard P.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guzziac said:
Since the 250RN bullet is a round nose it carries more of it's weight in front than a SP does therefore doesn't require seating too far into the case. I did have to purchase a C-H Canilure tool in order to put the crimp in the correct location for the right OAL with the 338 Express (2.600). Actually I am surprised Hornady hasn't done this yet.
Guzziac,
Richard P.
Very promising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts