Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with marlington, and finally after almost 10 months of them having my gun (for the dreaded barrel droop) it is being repaired (or so I was told) and should be shipped back by the end of next week. Can you say...NEVER AGAIN.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Man, you had some kind of wait! I hope it's so sweet when you get it back, the wait will have been worth it. When I bought my 1895 GS made at the old factory, it jammed so bad it had to be torn apart to get live rounds out and then sent back to the factory. Now this was back to guys who still cared about someone, so when i got it back it had new wood, ran smooth as could be and a NICE crisp trigger. May you find the same thing with yours. DP

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
don't jinx him. some have got guns back with new problems after marlington repair had them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
they told me the same thursday except i decided to get a refund ,my guess is this board will be very busy when these repairs get back. to all waiting ..i hope and pray that theyre done right

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Bloody hell, ten months :-X I could have painted the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel, anddoin' it layin' on my back. ::)

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Well that's good news, I hope ::). Please let us know how the repairs went and good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My .338 MX has been at Marlin since early April. I called today for an update. My rep stated he had no idea when the repair (new receiver) would be completed. He offered instead to process a refund(!). Not the voice of confidence I was hoping for... I'll hold off for a month or so to see what happens and then maybe rethink that refund option.
SVH

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
moofy07 said:
Bloody hell, ten months :-X I could have painted the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel, anddoin' it layin' on my back. ::)
Well Moofy, you probably had a compressor and spray gun (or maybe rattle cans). Micky Anagelo did his Cistine Chapel with a dinky little paint brush! Took him a bit longer I think! ::) ;D ;D

CD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Called today my 338 is back together and in testing. If all is well and it passes final insp should be shipped by the end of the week.Had mine scince March 1st. I feel bad for you guys that have been waiting longer than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got off the phone with marlington, Actually had to call them twice. The first call, they told me the gun had to be replaced and that ups actually tried to deliver it today. So I hang up and call ups to make arrangements for picking up the gun, but need a tracking number, So the second call to marlington to get the tracking number the operator tells me that the receiver was replaced. Anyway, I am picking up the gun from ups later today. we'll see.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well let us know, hopefully Your wait was worth it! anyways this kinda gives Me hope that I'll get mine back before Hunting season. Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the gun back, The receiver now has a different s/n on it (must be new) sighted it in, and its a pretty good shooter, trigger is a little heavy, but not too bad, as far as a group 5 shots (at 60 yds) you could cover with the bottom of a beer can, not great but good enough to not be an excuse on whitetails. I didn't buy it for it's tack driving ability, I bought it cause I like the way they carry, as I cover alot of ground the way I like to hunt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts