Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now, I'm glad I bought 300 of the bullets when I did. I just got this notice from Midway.

The price of Hornady LEVERevolution Bullets 338 Marlin Express (338 Diameter) 200 Grain Flex Tip eXpanding Box of 100 has changed from $26.37 to $33.99.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Halwg, wife and I were at a gun shop on Friday and was looking at the bullet prices of various types and brands. Almost needed CPR!
Guy behind the counter sets a box of Hornady .358 250gr RN bullets in front of me and they were $45.99 per 100. He said that April 1 there is an accross the board increase of 15% on all reloading components as announced by their wholesaler. This means that same box
of Hornady 250gr RN bullets will be over $50.00 per hundred! I'm breaking out my cast bullet molds and starting to clean em up for some
serious casting. I'll be using up some of that 622 pounds of WW metal my buddy and I got ready for casting last Spring. We have the
Lyman 358318, 250gr .35 caliber mold. I'll be giving that bullet a serious work out in my Whelens when the weather breaks her in NE PA.
I may have to give in to Sweetwater's advice and try cast bullets for hunting Whitetails. Fortunately I stocked up on jacketed bullets years ago and have over 5,000 of them in various calibers and configurations. Enough to last what remains of my life.
358 Win

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better stock up now fellas, things are only going to get worse!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I agree. I just finished ordering my stock of rifle bullets for life. (I hope) If I run out swinging to all cast. I am hoping primers don't go threw the roof again but I have stocked up on them. Some folks get cranky about folks stocking up on supplies but its nice to have and reload the stuff with the mega cold winters here.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I think I'm sitting on 800 of the 200gr FTX bullets. Got them when they were on sale at Midway at one time.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, it's gonna get worse!
Last time I looked on CNBC, the spot market for copper was over $4lb. Thats more than it was two years ago when the prices and availability skyrocketed and plunged. Oil is over $100/brl again too. This time it's the value of the dollar thats going into the tank. I don't think it'll recover this time, though.

Thank goodness I have over a ton of lead and plenty of gaschecks to go around. I also got 300 of the marked down FTX's.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GooseGestapo said:
Yeah, it's gonna get worse!
Last time I looked on CNBC, the spot market for copper was over $4lb. Thats more than it was two years ago when the prices and availability skyrocketed and plunged. Oil is over $100/brl again too. This time it's the value of the dollar thats going into the tank. I don't think it'll recover this time, though.

Thank goodness I have over a ton of lead and plenty of gaschecks to go around. I also got 300 of the marked down FTX's.
Put your head between your legs, and kiss your butt goodbye. This country as we know it is headed for anarchy. I look for hundreds of millions of people to be killed in the ensuing wars, and Korea and China to unleash a nuclear arsenal that devastates the entire Western Hemisphere...OH wait, this isn't the Asylum...sorry wrong forum! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts