Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just ordered a 336y .30-30 which is new for 2011. i have no idea when it will be delivered, but i want to be prepared with a sighting system when it arrives. i ran across the skinner sights website and fell in love with the products. ilike the idea of being able to fit the sight myself because it is made for marlin products. i'm going to primarily use the apperature as my main sight, but i would like the flexibility to use an electronic dot sight also. i would like to know if skinner produces a weaver type mount that can be used in conjunction with their apperatures, or is there a mount that can be used without having to drill and tap by a gunsmith ? i'm familiar with the xs system, but it isn't very appealing to me. any suggestions?

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Pa. Pancho!

A Skinner Sight with a weaver base incorporated into the system is in the works. Basically it will be a Weaver/Picatiny rail the length of the receiver with the skinner sight design built into the rear portion of it. Another option would be to use an extra long Weaver base installed ahead of the Skinner sight, using the front two scope mounting holes. If you would like me to modify a weaver base to use in that manner I'd be glad to.

Thanks Pancho,

Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts