Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been wanting a Marlin ever since I saw one in a movie. Found this 336y in gunsmiths shop by chance. SN starts with 16 so... 1984 right? I tried bargaining with the man but he wouldn’t budge on the price... curious as what would you guys pay for this.
Wood Air gun Shotgun Metal Blade

·
Registered
M-94 .357 pre lock micro groove
255 Posts
Well I wouldn’t have interest in that rifle. Looks like a non Marlin butt stock. Can’t tell by the lighting but the receiver looks coated not blued. If I needed it I’m thinking $600 or so

·
Registered
255 Posts
Maybe re barreled. The finish on the barrel and mag tube don’t seem to match the receiver .

·
Registered
17,815 Posts
The ATF gave Remington/Freedom Group/Marlin permission to use the North Haven rollstamp on the barrel from the move in 2010 through to the end of 2011 and even into 2012 on some models. So the rifle in question was made sometime after Summer 2010 and Mid-2012. I personally own an 1894 date stamped May 2012. It has a North Haven marked barrel, a KG date code, and an MRxxxxxC serial number on the left side receiver.

The date code, left rear of barrel will positively date production, although Rem/Marlin missed a few. The OP needs to post a pic of the receiver left side, and the left rear of barrel.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Read some posts and see that it has a REP so Remington confirm thanks everyone. Paid $500.00 did I get ripped off?
I think you did well if that’s what you wanted. As long as it shoots well. You should get your moneys worth out of it

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
That looks like a good Remlin with an often sought after youth stock & short barrel. I'd say you did good for $500 bucks!

Oh yeah! Welcome aboard from Ky!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome aboard from taxsylvania. Oh yeah, and also, make more room cause that won't be your last.;)

·
Super Moderator
36,355 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Let us know how it shoots for you. Thanks for the pictures of this youth model.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
598 Posts
Why did a gunsmith have it for sale? Did he have it there for a rework on a used gun with problems? If so it may be better than new now. If everything works well the price is good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts