Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there quality issues with the 336ss the same as other remlins? I haven’t seen rants on the stainless as I have for the blued rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
345 Posts
I've seen the rants for the blue rifles. I've seen many pics of flawed Remlins, as well as bad examples on the racks. However, I did buy my first blued 1895 CBA 45/70 because it was a much better product than many previous rifles that came from the plant. It's a higher end model, so I'm not speaking for the low end Remlins.

Since the 2016 1895 functioned so well, let alone the very good metal to wood fit and straight sights...……..I bought a new 2016 336SS 30-30 just few months later, with a Henry 45/70 in between those two. Except for a sharper than desired lever edge, the 336SS is a very good looking rifle, and shoots just as well. It hasn't missed a beat, in two years of firing many hundreds of rounds. Neither gun is anywhere close to the rant products. If they were, I wouldn't have bothered. I'd still pre-inspect though.​ Actually, I do often look at the new Remington made Marlins, at a large store that moves a lot of rifles. For the most part, the new inventory is across the board better, than what you'd find a few years ago.

·
Administrator
30,808 Posts
I've handled a lot of Remlins since Remington took over production and have seen no difference in issues between blued or SS. Although, there are a lot more blued Marlins produced than SS.

That said, I've handled three very recent remlin builds and they have improved significantly. Whatever you buy, give it a thorough inspection prior purchase.

Jack

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've handled a bunch of Remlins, and JMs in the past three years. I have a Remlin 366ss that I love. While searching for my Remlin I noticed what seemed to me was that the SS versions were overall better qauilty. When I say overall, I say the fit and finish as well as mechanics, loading etc. Now I will say that all the SS ones I saw seemed to have much sharper edges everywhere. But if you plan is to purchase and do a polish, then giver! I have a '17 I would not trade for anything, including a JM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.