Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a Bob Cat Saturday evening with my new 336SS LTD while deer hunting. Been wanting to get a cat all my life and this was the first one that I have seen. It came in right at night fall.

Last weekend was black powder season and I had 9 deer come in to the my stand but nothing that I wanted to shoot. One was a big 6 point. This weekend was the first day of rifle season and I thought that if nothing else come in any bigger that I may take the 6 pointer. Well there wasn’t but three deer that came in, two does in the morning and one cow horn in the evening about two hours before dark. All three deer acted real nervous and kept looking into the woods where the bob cat came from. I assume she was held up in the woods there causing the deer not to come in. When the 35 Rem. hit her it rolled her and she didn’t get up. It was 27 ½ lbs. 37 ½ inches long from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail. I love that little rifle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good sized cat. They do make deer nervous.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Nightfisher,
How close to Lexington are you? I've been hearing bobcats around here this year more than I ever have before. What does a taxidermist charge for a bobcat?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the cat in Chatam county around Bear Creek. Don’t know how much it is going to cost to have it mounted. It is priced in according to how fancy I want to get with it. I want a full mount and it could be from $350 to $600. :shock: I’m trying to decide which mount I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts