Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy a 35 rem sc. I found (online) a 1954 model that is said to be in 85% condition - mechanical condition 100%. Do you guys think $570 is too much? I would like to find one in the $450 range - is that being unrealistic?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Are you looking for a pre safety model or would you be interested in my 1986 model 336CS .35 that I have for sale.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It all depends on what its worth to you... I found a 1950's waffle top SC in 35 for $350 out the door. Search the gun shops & pawn shops... you might be able to find something local. Best of luck to you!

I'm wanting to buy a 35 rem sc. I found (online) a 1954 model that is said to be in 85% condition - mechanical condition 100%. Do you guys think $570 is too much? I would like to find one in the $450 range - is that being unrealistic?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Seems a little high to me. I just bought a 1952 SC in 35 Rem, very good condition, last month for only $325. They don't come along often however, and that needs to be a factor in your decision. Spend the extra money and get it now or wait for a less expensive one to come along.

Reactions: TomO

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm really looking for a factory drilled and tapped model - from what I understand started in 1955. This 1954 is d&t and is not a waffle top - does that sound right? Are factory d&t sc models rare?

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
No not rare .If i'm thinking straight, they were all(336) d&t after 1954

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
I think you can do better on the price but it may take some time and luck. I found mine at a Pawn shop and it was marked at $300.00 with a nice sight on it. That has not happen very often for me though. I have seen some come through here and on gunbroker that are going for a good bit under $500.

001.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Here is one you may want to watch on GB auction 428789073. Very interesting wood if the reserve is not to high and someone does not go stupid bidding.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Agree with the above. That is a bit high for a gun in 85% condition. If you are patient, you should do better.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I went to Gun Broker to see the item in question out of curiosity, not that I want to buy another like it. In the description it says that when the rifle was brought into the shop, it was dropped and the stock toe broke. They glued it in place and is holding up. In fact when looking at the the pics I did not notice the the repair Not that it matters a lot since these clean breaks can be made completelly invisible and sound
, BUT,
that fall is costing the auctioneer $200.00!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I went to Gun Broker to see the item in question out of curiosity, not that I want to buy another like it. In the description it says that when the rifle was brought into the shop, it was dropped and the stock toe broke. They glued it in place and is holding up. In fact when looking at the the pics I did not notice the the repair Not that it matters a lot since these clean breaks can be made completelly invisible and sound
, BUT,
I haven't seen that one - the rifle I was referring to is on another site.

·
Registered
969 Posts
, BUT,
The right side of the butt stock has an engraving of a deer on it! I can't see the repair either.

Reactions: TomO
1 - 15 of 15 Posts