Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 35 rem with serial number H44xxx - can someone tell me what year it was manufactured?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
My 1949 Model 336A serial number starts with an "F"--so that should have been made in 1951.

Reactions: TomO

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
No--it was originally not drilled and taped from the factory. If it is--that has been done by an owner down the line.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Thanks for responding so quick guys - will it be drilled and tapped for a scope?
Not from the factory. SOme have been but they don't come that way. Mount a peep sight on the side that fits the factory pre drilled holes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No--it was originally not drilled and taped from the factory. If it is--that has been done by an owner down the line.
Thanks. I am planning a shortie project - thought this would be a great starting point because of the short mag tube but don't think I want to chop a waffle top.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you guys tell me what model or year will have the short mag tube and be d&t? Preferably pre-safety.

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
I believe Marlin started D&Ting their receivers around 1955. If that model had a short mag tube and was D&Ted from the factory--it could be a 1955 to 1963 SC model (with 20 inch barrel) or a 1955-1963 A model (with 24 inch barrel). I could be a year or two off on when Marlin ceased 336SC and 336A production in the 1960s. Marlin made the A model again from 1973-1980. This later 1970s model A had a slimer forearm compared to the previous models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts