Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local pawn has a 1950 336 SC waffletop for $599. Blueing easily 90%, probably closer to 95%. Forearm and stock great shape, only issue is forearm seemed a little loose. Would have to take my borelight in to check that out.

Are they realistic or out of their minds?

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
I LikeLike the post above. Sounds like a $500 gun in these parts. Mine is a '51 and an RC so....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Just make sure it’s an honest 90%. The vast majority of guns I see claimed to be 90% are actually more like 75% when you really look at them closely...... 90% means it has basically never been hunted and it more or less sat in a closet.... it only has minor handling evidence and no dings....

Sure - maybe an actual honest to goodness 90-95% 336SC may run $550.... I would love to see one.. but 75% runs closer to $350...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Within the last year I bought a similar aged waffle top 336A that was unmodified but more like 85%. It did have a 1950s steel Lyman receiver sight. Paid a little more that you’re look’in at. But a non-drilled waffle top & the Ballard rifling...it was worth it to me, no regrets.

Reactions: Sweetwater
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.