Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 336SC .30 -.30 (1950). It is in rough condition. The stock was shortened and cracked, the top of the reciever is waffled but was drilled for a scope and there is some pitting. The bore is good. So I purchased an unfinished stock and plan on having the gun cerakoted. I would like to replace the original lever loop with a big lever loop. Does this require a gunsmith?

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
It shouldn't. I say that, because it's a one screw out and back in swap. The only "if" I can think of, is how well the new lever mates up with the old one from 1950. If it's working good now, Put the new one next to the old and make sure they look purt'near the same before installing it. The lever should be removed for cleaning from the bolt end vs. the muzzle anyway. Then take some pictures for us.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, thanks for all of the responses. I found this old beater at a local pawn shop, cost me $150. The more I look at it, the more ideas I have. Once I complete the gun, I will post some pictures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.