Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After studying up about .30-30 rifles, I bought my first Marlin, a 336M, about 6 months ago, online. I was thrilled. Upon receipt I found it was missing the original sights and plug screws for the top of the receiver, and I would like to replace all these things to original. So, I found some suitable sights that I thought would be certainly original, however, they were attached to a 336ss JM. So I bought it too. Now however, I don't feel like taking those sights off. They're most likely the exact same sights, but wanted to ask the group.

Can someone who has a 336M send me close up picture of the front sight so I can be absolutely sure I get the the right one online?

Or, is anyone willing to sell a set of front sights, rear sights, and stainless plug screws for a 336M or 336ss JM?

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The lower one in picture 2 looks like it has an XS Ghost Ring front site, the 336ss has the factory sites. I'm not even sure what a 336M is, maybe someone can enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Where do they hit as opposed to where they aim?

I am betting someone may have changed the sights so as to change point of impact...

·
Super Moderator
24,747 Posts
The lower one in picture 2 looks like it has an XS Ghost Ring front site, the 336ss has the factory sites. I'm not even sure what a 336M is, maybe someone can enlighten me?
336M was the original nomenclature for the 336SS. I think the 336M was only made for a year or two.

Reactions: RHP

·
Super Moderator
12,199 Posts
OP I have owned both models and the sights are identical. You will the front sight base #F406327, screws #F406452, front sight insert #F406331, sight hood #F406440, rear sight base #F406610 and rear sight elevator #G3209420-00. The plug screws are part #F406443.

·
Super Moderator
12,199 Posts
The 336M was made one year only in 2000 and stands for Millennium. In 2001 it was replaced by the 336SS but other than the stamp on the barrel the guns are identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts