Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rare 336ER posted today on Gun Broker (Auction # 245777478) in virtually as new condition (fired 8 times) with a buy-it now of $695 to include 4 plus boxes of 200 grain Win. ammo. With 356 ammo bringing $40/box in most places, this represents a very good buy. And no, I am not connected to this gun in any way; but it ought to go to some MO member who will appreciate what this piece represents.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is no "Buy Now" option on this auction. That is just bid.
Three days left, will be at or over a thousand.
Had it a Buy now for that, I would now be the owner.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Those high prices are why I bought a Browning BLR in 358 instead of a .356...I got my pristine BLR for $550, and heck, even some of those BLRs were going for $848-$999!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The older steel framed BLRs can go higher, I have been toying with that but would rather have the Marlin in 356. Had a shot at one of the first if not thee prototype 358 BLR. Didn't buy it, if I did, probably wouldn't have shot it, so would still be looking for the 356.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prices came down on the 336ER for a while when the 338MX was so hot; but with all the problems Remington has created for buyers of the 338MX with sub-standard manufacturing, quality control, and issues with poor warranty service, it seems there is a renewed interest in the 336ER.

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
Rachethead said:
Prices came down on the 336ER for a while when the 338MX was so hot; but with all the problems Remington has created for buyers of the 338MX with sub-standard manufacturing, quality control, and issues with poor warranty service, it seems there is a renewed interest in the 336ER.
Yup.................I sense that too............and I like the .358 bore a little better too....

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I was lucky I guess as I was able to buy a .308 BlR $500 and a .358 BLR for $495 from gunbroker a couple of years ago. Both were in pristine condition and the steel models. Wouldn't sell them now for anything these guns looked liked they were bought by a wannabe and after not doing anything with them sold them. Well I have them now so :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
[quote="fk" ]
I was lucky I guess as I was able to buy a .308 BlR $500 and a .358 BLR for $495 from gunbroker a couple of years ago. Both were in pristine condition and the steel models. Wouldn't sell them now for anything these guns looked liked they were bought by a wannabe and after not doing anything with them sold them. Well I have them now so :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

·
Registered
547 Posts
The BLR's are VERY nice. Picked a 308 up in 1989 while training in Florida. Irked me to no end that they were made in Japan. Got rid of it. Di Nippon make excellent things. Just won't have Made in Japan on my gun. Nissan truck, Honda car, Kawasaki & Yamaha motorcycles. Nikon makes my favorite optics. Just not my rifles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
scored a marlin 336er with a redfield 2-7 tv scope yesterday. Local boondock used gun shop in very rural area. WWalked in and and glaseed the racks and saw something with a short tube. It was an 356 ER in fantastic shape!!!!! Now here is the braggin part--acted cool and haggled and walked out the door for 400.00 bucks including tax !

feels good to win one now and then.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts