Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 336D barely used for sale, rifle is in near NIB shape but has been shot about 50 times, box and paperwork included. Best reasonable offer over original cost. Must have original signed paperwork from your dealer before I will ship at your expense. PaRR

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
What caliber, does it have a walnut stock, year made, what ridge in PA you run on?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Uncle Big Trouble Mike said:
What caliber, does it have a walnut stock, year made, what ridge in PA you run on?
336D / Ported / pistol grip(?) [see SideSpins posting about stock configuration, he's probably right; I won't know till I dig mine outta the dark spot in my safe and take a look-see] , Walnut stock / 35 Remington; only 1,000 rifle's made...and there ain't gonna be anymore very soon! :(

Pa, hope you don't mind if I jumped in....regards Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALLAN said:
have any pics??

What is a ballpark price you are looking at??
If I have someone serious about it I will send them pics. The mim. I'll consider is $600 PARR

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
336D / Ported, pistol grip, Walnut stock / 35 Remington; only 1,000 rifle's made...and there ain't gonna be anymore very soon! :(
Actually the 336D was produced with a straight grip in 2000. It is a beautiful rifle, sounds like PaRR has a really nice one. It is basically a .35 guide gun, looks just like the big bore guide guns. Never say never but I agree with Gunpowder if this model is ever produced again it probably will not be in our life times.

Not to assert any controversy but I paid $425 for mine, shot only a few times. It is possible that the price could have gone up some but $600 sounds a bit excessive. My opinion -- $500 or a little less would be a fair price if the rifle is 98%, all papars and box intact.

I have not shot mine, however I understand the report is incredibally loud, but the rifle is amazingly accurate and lots of fun to shoot.

SS

·
Registered
479 Posts
I sold one of my two recently for $475. I think if someone is willing to pay $600 that's their business, but I doubt that at this stage of the life cycle of the 336D as a collectable, that anybody will pay that much.
If you find a pigeon, I mean buyer, I have another that I would let go for that money too.
Ranger

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to each their own, my price is set the serial # is 08 of the 1000 Davidson's ordered.
I have or had 6 of them. Today one is a 375 that my uncle converted for me. And it's a perfect gun for my use. I sold one last week NIB for $675 and Rileranger the pigeon as you called him wanted another but I don't want to sell another new one.

·
Registered
520 Posts
" Actually the 336D was produced with a straight grip in 2000. "

SideSpin, you might be right, I have one of those and I've not seen it in a few months, so I've forgotten whether it might be a straight grip or not.
I've tried, on 4 different occassions to sell mine, no interest, so I'm gonna finally shoot it sometime this Fall & Winter.

RifleRanger, is probably correct "I doubt that at this stage of the life cycle of the 336D as a collectable". Altho, there were only one thousand made, fewer than Marlin's 356.

As for the porting, while it's no louder than a rifle w/o the porting, the porting does send out the sound waves into a broader area. I've hunted with my 444 Guide gun wearing sound protection...no big deal!

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I got one of the 2 that Gunpowder had. Price was good too. Love to shoot that little rifle!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Only 1000 made in the "year" 2000. And the ported barrel is much louder than my Rem 141 with a 17" (unported) barrel. As for having to wear hearing protection in the woods, No Thanks. I have heard most of the deer I have killed before seeing them. I might have to consider the woodland whisper hearing amplifiers with the 120db cutout. I see that they have them in 2 packs (1 for each ear) Anyone out there have these or have used em?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty big stretch to think anyone needs to wear hearing protection with a 35 REM 336D just to hunt with it!
Now at the range I agree but then again I wear it with my .17 caliber too!! PARR

·
Registered
520 Posts
Pretty big stretch to think anyone needs to wear hearing protection with a 35 REM 336D just to hunt with it!

As for having to wear hearing protection in the woods, No Thanks :shock: :shock: CR, I certainly hope you reconsider 'not' wearing hearing protection...it'll be shame when your first child or grandchild calls your name and you can not hear it....which is my problem now.. :cry: :cry: :cry: with my grandson.

I choose to wear hearing protection when I am shooting. In order to preserve what hearing I have left. It's not a 'stretch' for me to use hearing protection[HP], I 'must' use HP even though I do not like to..... :( :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tom G said:
I think he's talking about wearing HP in the woods.
Hi Tom, you are probably right that I am misreading their intent and for that I am ashamed.

But I use HP whether I am stalking in open/hilly country or river bottom land.

I've been shooting 51 years now including military 66-69; sadly most of those yrs w/o HP. Now as a grandfather, it's heart rendering when I can not hear my grandson call or cry on occassion....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gunpowder you're just a youngster compared to me ! and I got myself 6 GREAT grandchildren! that I hear all too darn well while I'm working on a good nap! PaRR

·
Registered
97 Posts
taken from my previous post. I might have to consider the woodland whisper hearing amplifiers with the 120db cutout. I see that they have them in 2 packs (1 for each ear) Anyone out there have these or have used em? I am a young 49 and have been in the woods from age 9 with my dad. Back then no one ever considered hearing loss, hell they never even wore the things at the range that I recall. I have about 40% loss which is a side benefit that I got from the USN after 4 years in the boiler room. If I have to wear std earplugs or muffs it will put a huge spin on how I hunt. That said I would like to keep what I have left. Again I pose the ? anyone have any experience with the WW amps?

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Runner,I too have that problem,can't hear birds----or wife----but I hear what is going on ,on the ranch and in the woods.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts