Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I had the perfect scope on my 336D 35 Rem. Nice 2-7x32 Redfield Revolution. I really did like that scope. Well I stumbled upon the M8 Leupold 2.5X Compact at a local gun shop used and couldn't resist trying it. It is like half the size and makes the rifle that much more handy. Mounted it and sighted it in at camp today. Have a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just picked up an M8 4x that I put on my 336 about two weeks ago. I like the look of the 2.5 better than the 4x, but I can use the extra magnification with my eyesight....

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Super Moderator
23,664 Posts
I have that same M8 2.5X on my 444P--its a perfect match for the shorter barreled Marlins.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Me, personally, would have left the 2x7 on your Marlin. I recently ordered a 2x7 to replace my 1.75x5 that currently sits on my 35Rem....I wonder if the fact that I am 78 has anything to do with it....:eek:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I did close to the same thing. I went from a 3x9 to a Redfield 1-3/4x5 on my 1894. When I got my 35 rem I started to look for another one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Well I thought I had the perfect scope on my 336D 35 Rem. Nice 2-7x32 Redfield Revolution. I really did like that scope. Well I stumbled upon the M8 Leupold 2.5X Compact at a local gun shop used and couldn't resist trying it. It is like half the size and makes the rifle that much more handy. Mounted it and sighted it in at camp today. Have a look.
I run the same scope on my 336 30-30. It's light weight and it gives me just enough magnification for hunting in and in the edge of the woods.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies. Where I hunt I very rarely would use higher than 3 power on the other scope and I just liked the smaller profile of this one. Makes me feel like it is handier. I don't know if it is but it makes me feel like its a more compact handier rifle now. Most importantly I have a spare scope that needs a rifle under it now LOL ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,664 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
On my 336D, I started with a Lyman Model 66LA peep sight and later switched to a Leupold VXII 1X4. This setup works for me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good looking D model. I have a VX2 1-4x20 mounted low on mine. Great for up close and I can bong a 4" metal disc all day long at 200 yards.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts