Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a 336d a few years ago and love it. it shoots 200gr corelokts into one hole at 50 yards with the cheap bushnell 4x32. i took it out a couple years ago here in PA for deer season and this one made the mistake of coming by mid-morning. one shot from the 336d and we have venison for the freezer. i haven't taken it for deer lately because some of my other guns have been getting jealous but i think its going to see some woods time this fall. its too slick of an outfit to leave it in the safe. i need to replace the scope with a smaller compact and replace the mounts with some talley one peice mounts. love my shorties. oh, and my twin 9 y/o boys were with me which made it even better.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Awesome rifle / kill......... your boys there with you = priceless!

I always said I would buy one of those 336D's if I ever came across a good deal!

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
Re: 336D action

Nice picture and story. I will be taking mine out for deer hunting this fall. Great rifle. That being said the rest of my ported shorties will be jealous too. I'll prolly take the 444P as backup (just in case).

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
stubbygun,

Nice rifle and deer!!! 8) 8)

I've wanted one of those rifles for quite some time now, either that or a ruger 44 carbine..
I like handy little rifles that punch big holes!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i have several shorties that call out from the gunsafe when i open it. besides the 336d i have a 1895G 45/70, 336sdt 30/30, a win 94 timber carbine 450 and lots of rem pump carbines in 14, 141, 760 and 7600. i even got my boys into the shorty craze but their tastes go towards ruger 77's so i got a 77rsi 308 and two 77 frontiers in 338 fed and 7mm-08. my original shorty is a rem 600 350 mag that i swear relocates itself to the front row of the safe by itself. i don't even buy rifles anymore with barrels more than 18". something about the short stuff that really appeals to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts