Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think they will be available anytime soon? Closest I've found in local shops is the 1895GBL, but I'd prefer the 30-30 instead of the 45-70. I may jump on the 1895 though. With a xs rail and ghost ring sight it would look pretty intimidating.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Where are you located? There are a couple for sale in the South Dakota area. I have one with the XS scout scope base, burris scout scope and skinner peep sight setup. You can't get much better for a brush gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in Georgia. Havent had any luck yet. Also none of the online shops are carrying them either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You could always have your own made, especially with with vendors like Mule Loops Custom Levers at this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not just looking for the bigger loop on a 336, I like the laminated stock and shorter barrel. Plus it's from what I understand a little bit beefier in the front portion of the stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
jongunz, I kinda second your emotion. My local gun store has one and I liked the laminate on it so much, I ordered a set to replace the birch stock(s) on my old 30AS. I hope you are able to snag a BL for yourself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So what does /should a 30-30 BL go for? There's a like new, used one on consignment at my local shop but the owner wants $525 for it. That seems a little steep.... It sure is neat withthe short barrel and laminated stocks though!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
$499 is the going rate in my area. You won't be disappointed with the 336BL. I love mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in woodstock. Maybe I can head up to Dawsonville one day this week to check. I'm a little sketchy about the auctionarms since there's no mentinon of the shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts