Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my new 336XLR with three different factory loads; Hornady Leverevolution , Win 150 Silvertip and Win 170 Silvertip. All three were good , 170 groups avg 1.75" , 150ST avg 1.5" and the hornady avg 1" smallest group was 3/4". This was all 3 shots @ 100 with a 9x Leupold. Think I might put a 20x leupold on it to see if I can do much better :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am glad you finally shot it.. LOL :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a chance this weekend , I might load up some stuff. I have a box of Nosler 170 grain Partitions and a Box of Barnes 150 grain . They should both work well in this rifle.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Well.. my best friend just got the last xlr in area.. and its a shooter too.. Useing 20 year old ammo after a bout 20 down the tube it was touching bullets.... :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only put about 30 rounds thru mine so far. However the next time it goes to the range I think it will have a 20x Leupold on top. I can't shoot the best on paper with a 9x . So I thought I'd try the 20 and see if this rifle and load can get to or below .5" 8)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I will be waiting to hear this for sure..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will get to shoot mine some day. Heck, I may even have my 1895 XLR before then! Hopefully the weather will be decent this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Warthog said:
I will get to shoot mine some day. Heck, I may even have my 1895 XLR before then! Hopefully the weather will be decent this weekend.

I had a Remington Model 7CDL on order with my local dealer, but he's been unable to get the caliber I requested . I do not believe the factory has turned any loose so far . So I told him to get me a 1895XLR instead. Like I really need another 45-70 , I already have three :roll: But what the heck. If the 45-70 shoots as well as the 30-30 , whatever comes out next 450 or 444 will probably get looked at real hard . :!:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts