Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I receive my new 1895 GBL I would like to replace the laminate stock and fore with walnut. I'm finding some 336 takeoffs, but few 1895. Will a 336 pistol grip stock fit? Are there variations in various year 336's?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The fore ends are different, capped vs not capped, and the diameter of barrel & mag channels very between calibers. To my knowledge the buttstocks interchange, thou the styles vary over the years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fore ends are different, capped vs not capped, and the diameter of barrel & mag channels very between calibers. To my knowledge the buttstocks interchange, thou the styles vary over the years.
Very good information. I guess I'll look for a walnut set from a 1895 and then see if I can sell my brown laminate set.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Very good information. I guess I'll look for a walnut set from a 1895 and then see if I can sell my brown laminate set.
Thanks.
I bought a "donor" gun, swapped the laminate for the walnut, then sold off the donor gun. Worked for me. I swapped the levers too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In looking at mine, I have 2 336SC in 35, a 444 and an 1895. The Butt stocks all appear the same. The fore stock from the 444 is bored big enough to fit the 45-70 mag tube so a 444 stock should work with a 45-70. I also have a fore stock for a 30-30 sitting here and it does not fit the mag tube for a 45-70 although it does fit the 444. The 35 and 444 mag tube are also the same but I don't have a 35 apart to check to see if the stock would fit the 45-70 mag tube. Hopefully I didn't confuse you top much. A set from a 444 should fit according to my guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.