Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like mine, how about you? ;)

Weaver K4 on Talley Extra lows, reduced power hammer spring, 2lb trigger pull, DRC follower

Laminate & XS Ghost rings

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Jake you have seen this one before. I still will not sell it. It will stay in the family.

It has a Leupold 2x7-323 scope and weaver rings. Nothing else has been done to it.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I still will not sell it"

Oh, but thats what this thread is all about...Make sure you tell me your locations. :)

All kidding aside, I think I have procured over twenty of these things for friends and family. Every one has been lovely.
My luck has to run out sometime and I'd eat it before I handed down a bad one . I'll still look for good deals on them
but that isn't too easy anymore.

I am in the market for my "final" rifle being the elusive Remington model seven stainless 308win with 20" barrel of which
there is a used custom one on GB right now for over $2,100

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Jake said:
there is a used custom one on GB right now for over $2,100
You go for it jake. Nothing but money, right.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That M7 is a bit much and since I've resigned to two centerfires, one of these LTD's would have to go.
I'll probably just have two LTD's, one for backup.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
I asked this ?? before and never got an answer - just what is different in the 336 LTD? Only thing I see different than my 336SS is no pistol grip and a shorter Mag Tube and don't think that is a positive thing since that means less cartridges - right??

GB45

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If thats the only difference you see, you might wanna get a bigger scope and new eyeglass for seeing the deer. ;D

The need for a lever gun to hold more shells probably went out of date around 1908, still makes a dandy hunting gun though. There are better suited rifles for shooting indians with these days. I've never needed more than three rounds at one time for two deer. The LTD does have a forend cap, 18 1/2" barrel, .049 diameter difference, and yes, the pistol grip issue. (I don't know how you guys live with such things) ;)

The funny thing is, that rifle you posted in the pic used to be mine and it was a fine shooter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The 336 LTD 35 Rem. seem like great carbines. I to would buy one if the price was right. I'd like to see a 336SS in 35 Rem. to go along with my 336C. I prefer pistols grips and full length magazine tubes, that's just me.

Nice rifles (or should I say carbines) guys, thanks for the pic's! :)

NYH! ;)

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait until Hornady releases its 150gr GMX 35rem at 2600fps, everybody is going to want one. ;D

·
Registered
345 Posts
My 336C doesn't like the current Hornady LeveRevolutions. It loves the Remington 200 gr. Core-Lokt's. Which is fine because I use my 35 Rem. for thick brush, deep woods and still hunting. Hopefully they work well for those who want to use them though.

NYH! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
New York Hunter said:
Which is fine because I use my 35 Rem. for thick brush, deep woods and still hunting.
NYH! ;)
That is where the 336 SS LTD comes in handy with the short barrel and quick sighting. I have never had to use but one round in the chamber when hunting.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
New York Hunter said:
I prefer pistols grips and full length magazine tubes, that's just me.
I also prefer pistol grips and full length tubes - I am a target shooter not a hunter so having the extra cartridges in the tube is exactly what I prefer.

For a hunter knocking down the prey in one shot is exactly what you practice for so I understand your logic for shorter barrels and mag tubes in those cases.

GB45

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Those are all nice looking rifles. I would buy one if I could find one for the right price. I have never seen one so I have to ask an uniformed question. Do they have Miro Groove rifling? How do they shoot?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used to have one of the LTD's but wanted a pistol grip instead, so I sold it and made my own out of an xlr. ;D

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think they are Ballard. My K4 version is sub MOA at 100 yards with Leverevolution. I've never tested it beyond that on targets but have killed many deer and hogs at 200 yards and they were hit right where I was aiming.

My ghost ring model is "one hole" at 25 yards 1/4" high. My groups are beer can accurate until about 60 yards but thats my problem.

Nice pics of LTD's and cutdowns. I understand everyone doesn't like straight stock. I have cut down a few XLRs with a Target crown and they shot real well.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
5-shot tubular mag? ???

I can get 5 reloaded with handgun bullets in there... But only 4.5 rifle rounds... What's up with that? ???
The tube on my 336sdg is about an inch longer... 5 shots easy in that..

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is the round count a problem, its a huntin rifle :)

Nice pics guys

1 - 20 of 42 Posts