Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell what year mine was built in hopefully I have a good one !!

I have had it for years and never shot it, wife bought it for me and away it went in the safe, be gentle with any comments ! LOL

Thx

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Welcome aboard. If your rifle is fairly new production subtract the first two numbers on your rifle from 100.
Examples
100-25 = 1975
100-93 = 2007

If your rifle's serial number starts with a letter you will have to hunt down the info Swany posted showing all the serial numbers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have a 98 so I guess that means i have a 2002, was that one of the good years ?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
That was years before Remington took over so you should be fine.

Also, not EVERY rifle made under Remington is bad. Lots of guys have gotten good ones. But when they do, you seldom hear about it. It's mostly only the negative side that shows up on the web. You've got to look them over hard and even then might not find a problem until you shoot it. It's just become the general consensus of most here that your odds are far better if you buy used than new.

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Take it out for a field trip, safe queens never go to the dance. ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna take it out as soon as I can gonna check the iron sights to make sure they are on then get the scope on there, gotta wait for the mail man for the rings to come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts