Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky me (I think so:)) bought a 336CS s/n 04052xxx at a show yesterday in .35 Remington and can't wait to shoot it! My question is re its manufacture: All references I found indicate one subtracts the first two numbers of s/n from 100 to ascertain year of manufacture. Am I correct in assuming 100 - 04 = 1996?
What has me "troubled" is that a (I'm making this one up) serial number of 94xxxxxx would also have been made in 1996? I can't imagine them not serial-numbering before 2000 in anticipation of its coming.
I apologize if this is a "stupid" question -- but,the carbine looks gorgeous to me, and I'd love to confirm it's year of manufacture.
Thanks in advance!
geo

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Lucky me (I think so:)) bought a 336CS s/n 04052xxx at a show yesterday in .35 Remington and can't wait to shoot it! My question is re its manufacture: All references I found indicate one subtracts the first two numbers of s/n from 100 to ascertain year of manufacture. Am I correct in assuming 100 - 04 = 1996?
What has me "troubled" is that a (I'm making this one up) serial number of 94xxxxxx would also have been made in 1996? I can't imagine them not serial-numbering before 2000 in anticipation of its coming.
I apologize if this is a "stupid" question -- but,the carbine looks gorgeous to me, and I'd love to confirm it's year of manufacture.
Thanks in advance!
geo
SS# starting with 04 = 1996

SS# starting with 94 = 2006

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts