Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all ive recently purchased a bushnell banner 3-9× 40 for my 336 in 3030 was just curious as to what mounts people are using as im trying to get it as low as possible. Any advise would be much appreciated and the only reason im putting a scope on it is because I want to use it for spotlighting as i already own another another one with ghost ring sights that I use during the day. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have found the Talley extra low mounts brings the scope directly to your eye with 32 MM or smaller objective bell. If your scope has a 40mm bell the Talley lows may be your best choice.

Chocdog

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just used the Low Weaver Skeleton rings with a Weaver mount to install a Vortex 1-4 X 24. They have 4 screws per mount and are lightweight aluminum. Seem very strong and secure, yet light.
The scope's adjusting ring just cleared the mount by about 1/64th inch. It was a very low mount and fit me and the gun perfectly.
Not sure about the Bushnell's measurements though, it might require the medium rings.

IMG_1167.JPG

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello Jake and welcome to MO. A Weaver mount and a Weaver K4 worked well for my 30A. Nice and low but may have to use a hammer extension.

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
I have a weaver 63B and Burris medium rings on my 308MX with a 3x9-40MM scope. Same configuration as a 336. A 24mm or 32mm scope would work better on your 30-30 I think. I shoot out to 365 meters at the range with my 308 and use all of the x9-40mm. But a 1x4-24mm is all I need on my 336W 30-30 which I shoot out to 140 meters.

What distances are you thinking of shooting?

And..... Welcome from Alabama!

·
Premium Member
24,624 Posts
There is a set of low Leupold rings and 1 piece Leupold base
in the for sale section here for 40. a nice deal.
They are a little tricky to align perfectly, but a great set-up.

Reactions: WFR

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
P.S. I Would Have To Remove The Rear Iron Sight To Get The 40Mm Scope To Fit With Lower Rings.

I Also Don't Have A cheek Weld, More Of A Chin Weld. i Guess I Could Try A Monte Carlo Stock with A Raised Comb.

Those are Going To Be Your Concerns With The 40...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated this is a great forum. Yer I was originaly going to use a red dot sight on it but I think ill be pushing the effective range of it I brought the 3-9×40 off a friend for cheap before I had a look around at what other people are using. But it should be alright as most of the ranges are around 100-150metres at night . Ive ordered the weaver base and fitted the hammer extension just looking as to what mounts I can get here in australia or will have to wait a while if they come from the states.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts