K37xxx. It's not tapped, so I guess its from the 50s. Anyone have any info on

this gun?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I just ordered some reloading stuff from Midway, so I'll find out next week how it shoots.

Tom

G

·
Tom , think about casting for your SC . I shoot lead exclusively in mine and it does vry well :wink: I use the RCBS 35-200 GC mold .

·
Registered
331 Posts
FINE RIFLE

Fine rifle seen it last friday 4/21 when I picked up some TAC powder. I would have bought it but I still have to write check for a fishing boat I am picking up this weekend. It has the barrel combination I wish my 336D had, 20 inch & no ports.

Give us a range report so I can really be happy for you. And serve as a reminder to kick myself later. That was the one with the inlays on the forarm and lower stock? I think it may be wore more than their price tag good deal.

G

·
Sidespin said:
The top of the receiver is sandblasted??? 1953?? Didn't they begin sandblasting in 1959?

SS
If you look in Brophy's book on page 629 . It says in 1953 with the "K" series they started sandblasting the tops of the recievers and did away with the serrations.
All of mine are "G" or "J" and they are serrated . I've never looked at any of the others .
My 219 is a "R" and its sandblasted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FINE RIFLE

TJEN said:
Fine rifle seen it last friday 4/21 when I picked up some TAC powder. I would have bought it but I still have to write check for a fishing boat I am picking up this weekend. It has the barrel combination I wish my 336D had, 20 inch & no ports.

Give us a range report so I can really be happy for you. And serve as a reminder to kick myself later. That was the one with the inlays on the forarm and lower stock? I think it may be wore more than their price tag good deal.
I went in to check one that was listed for 189 on the web site. It was gone, but there were two non tapped 336 35 Rem's. One 20 inch and the other 24. As you mentioned, the one I got had the inlays with pistol grip, hooded front sight, and pad. They were listed at 299 each marked down to 275. After some good natured jawing, I had a choice of 225 or either one. Done.

Take it easy,

Tom

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Re: FINE RIFLE

I went in to check one that was listed for 189 on the web site. It was gone, but there were two non tapped 336 35 Rem's. One 20 inch and the other 24. As you mentioned, the one I got had the inlays with pistol grip, hooded front sight, and pad. They were listed at 299 each marked down to 275. After some good natured jawing, I had a choice of 225 or either one. Done.

Take it easy,

Tom
If you got an old A untapped for $225 in even decent condition, you should confess your sins Sunday at church. I paid quite a sum greater than that for mine.

Congrads on the find, you did extremely well.

SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts