Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is production numbers listed in the referance secton? ??? Or would anyone know haw many 336 S.C's. were made in 35 Rem. in 1965 ?

I have a chance at one that is a little rough but no pits just a hunting gun that has some surface rust on it from not being used for several years. The blueing is a little thin and it could use a spiffin up overall.

The best part is its only $270.00 and I can pay later on but have it now. I dont have an S.C. in 35 Rem. haven't seen many eather . Or should I just wait and hope to come up on one later in better condition?

Kinda torn with this one , not all that fired up about it for some reason . :-\ It does have a cheap Tasco and a JM hammer spur , sling .

Its just not speaking to me or I need to clean out my ears one. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: 336 S.C, production No. 1965

it sounds like it's well worth $270, but if it's pretty rough you can hold out for another one to come along. there not rare as of yet, but they are getting harder to come by. i've been there before.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts

I guess it is not such a bad deal at that price, but, if it doesn't speak to you, maybe you ought to pass on it and wait for a better one to come along. I guess what I'm saying is that you should trust your instincts. I've passed on a couple like that, although most Marlins I've come across for sale call out my name to me. They sing a veritable siren song. ;D

If I were to buy all of them, I'd need yet another house to store them all. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts

According to the bible they quit making SC's in 1963. So you must have read the serial # wrong or it is just a 336C. But regardless that still isn't a bad price where I live. And it is a 35 Rem..

·
Banned
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It is a " Y " maybe I just dated it wrong . Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts

That's a great price, compared to what a gun shop in my area was selling a 35 for. How about $450----USED!!!
Del

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts

kerr said:
It is a " Y " maybe I just dated it wrong . Thanks for the help. :)
Y should be a 1964, maybe it's a late 1963 gun.

·
Banned
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, 64 . Anyone have a clue as to how many were built? Or know where to look to this info?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts