Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had a 336 given to me. Its in rough shape but i'm going to make it a project gun but would like to know its year of manufacture. here's the info: 336 RC 35 rem with micro-groove barrel and gold trigger. Ser#: Y41423.

Again i would like date of manufacture.

Thinling of making a Trapper out of it with 161/4 in barrel.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
What other lever guns do you have?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Trapper 30/30, welcome to MO. A simple word of advice, do NOT put the entire serial number of any firearm on the web, anywhere. The reason is someone could take the number, file a false police report claiming the gun was stolen from him and saw that you had mentioned the number in your replies. Then ait becomes a criminal matter and you have to prove ownership on the gun. Basically it comes down to you said he said and the courts are the ones to decide. Just a word of caution, take care, John.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
glockmeister said:
Trapper 30/30, welcome to MO. A simple word of advice, do NOT put the entire serial number of any firearm on the web, anywhere. The reason is someone could take the number, file a false police report claiming the gun was stolen from him and saw that you had mentioned the number in your replies. Then ait becomes a criminal matter and you have to prove ownership on the gun. Basically it comes down to you said he said and the courts are the ones to decide. Just a word of caution, take care, John.
Very good advise. Please go back and edit your post - remove some or all of the serial number now that you have the info!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a 336RC, 30-30 What does the RC stand for ? My Ser. # starts with a T10 and it has a straight stock but no Texan markings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts