Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and thanks for the previleage of posting. I have one of these serial F20141. Your very handy referance puts it at a 1949 model. I have had this for thirty years. It's got a very old redfield micrometer type sight. I am currently fixing the lever lug that bolts thru the receiver. The lug was stripped out. That is a very small lug on these, i was able to build up with TIG a more substantial lug. I have yet to drill and tap for a new screw. Which brings me to the question? Where can i get that screw that goes thru the left side of the receiver and attaches to the lever frame. It looks like a deep type phillister head screw??

And question number two? The rifle has a brown tint to it. The value of this rifle is,,,well not very much. I was considering rebluing it, because it is still very accurate and usefull. I know your not supposed to reblue old rifles. I still use it, some bluing would help protect it?? These old levers have a velvet smooth action don't they?? Thnak you for your responces.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts