Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the people who offered advice on my scope/mounts questions. After several months of looking for the right gun, here it is. It's a 1976 model in EXCELLENT condition. I mounted a Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8x32 scope with Talley low mounts. I think it looks great.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Looks real nice! I got a '76 in .35Rem in near perfect condition as well!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Very sweet lookin rifle! But, why did ya have to start a fight in my gun safes? :'( Now they all want Ziess glass, Nikon, Leupold and Weaver ain't good enough fer em any more ::). ;D DP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dpe.ahoy said:
Very sweet lookin rifle! But, why did ya have to start a fight in my gun safes? :'( Now they all want Ziess glass, Nikon, Leupold and Weaver ain't good enough fer em any more ::). ;D DP

I had that same fight in my gun safe and now only the Zeiss will do. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
That is one sweet rig you've got there. That Zeiss glass is some terrific. I've gotta get one for myself some day. Maybe my other Marlins will get jealous and start shooting better to show that they're just as good as the one with the Kraut glass on it.

Actually, the only way I can see to make your rig better would be to convert it to .35 Remington. ;D

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Wow, that's an awesome lookin' rifle right there.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Has deer killer written all over it!! ;D

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I use the the Zeiss Conguest 3x9 50mm on my 308 Marlin!!Wonderful Optics I think you will be well pleased with it!!!Nice setup will be patiently waiting on your range report!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts