Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1227 Posts

·
Contributing Member
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while searching for picture threads to add to the links sticky in the General Forum, I realized, at least to my knowledge and search abilities, that there is not a thread for 336's (Glenfield 30's, store brands, etc.). There's a couple model-specific threads like for the A, SC, W, etc. but not just a generic thread for all the models and setups.

So, lets get one started! 8)

Here's my 336SS. With the exception of my DIY action job and sling it is sitting in stock form. It had a Skinner peep but it moved over to my Guide Gun so now I need new sights for this one.

My 336W. It is the source of my somewhat on-going project/learning/experiment that is chronicled here: http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,57628.0.html

It currently wears a Williams 336FP rear peep with factory front, an XS Scout Mount, Warne QR rings, and an NcStar 2.5x IER scope. Wood is DIY re-finish original birch.

So lets see yours. 30-30, .35, 36, 336, 30A, or store-brand, doesn't matter. :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Erik, I'll play too...

Here is Marvin the wonder rifle, a 1971 336 30-30 (Net cost as of now $110):

After installing the Ramline stock set graciously provided by Halwg...

I'd really like to find a smokin deal on a 336ss (I regrettably sold my 336 SDT a while back) and have been keeping an eye out for one.

I have way too many more that were sold off in the past couple years accumulating $$ for a house and am looking to replace a few as time goes on...

Be safe and have a great weekend.
Patty

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
heres mine. not much done to it yet, just slicked her up a little.

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my Marlin 336 BL with Williams firesights next to my Browning BLR.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Ok, Where do I start?

Darth Vader: Glenfield 30:

The poor man's BL - Glenfield 30A:

The 336RC, 336SC, and 336A:

Glenfield 30A:

Glenfield 30A:

Glenfield's:

336A's in 32 Special and 35 Remington:

336C - 1974:

I guess that's all for now.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Boy that is hard to follow!!! Anyway here is my 30 TK. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Dang posting rules for this thread should have clearly stated Hal goes LAST! ;D ;D ;D

I'll try to get 'em together for a family photo shoot this weekend but mine will look like an "only child" family picture compared to Hal's "The Waltons." :D Great rifles Hal ... and I still like the "poor man's" big loop you made. I did get to handle a 336BL this past weekend at Sportsman's Warehouse and I really liked it but I'm committed to the older orphans from the 50's through the early 80's.

bjm

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here's my recent aquisition , a good find at a gun show.
Its a 1979 336RC straight stocked 30-30 with an
old Redfield Illuminator 3-9x40.
Overall its clean just missing the bullseye and the front sight hood ramp.
Closest thing to a Texan I've seen.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Ya'll got some nice 336SS's posted so I'm gonna play:

Recently paid good price on auction, 2 yrs old, mint. Added the silver Simmons 3-9x 40mm, nickle plated sling clips,
and a silver spur extension. Now, huntin season is just too dang far off!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My main most go to meat stick.. ;)..336 T with Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36, a pair of use to be...sold during hard times... :'( ... and my latest addition, a Savage Predator Max I .243 with a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42.. ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Ok, people are cheating posting things like 1895's and 308's. ;D I didn't post any 444's, 450's or 338's but we all know these are just variations of the 336, so I guess it's OK! ;)

1 - 20 of 1227 Posts